Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good price on Kronos 88 these days?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Good price on Kronos 88 these days? Reply with quote

I think I've decided to buy a Kronos X 88, new so I have the warranty. Right now Pro Audio Star has a new X 88 on ebay for $2700 USD, not including Korg's $300 rebate. Is that the best price you've seen recently?
Jambo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my K61 from them 2 months ago... same thing, I saw their add on e-bay so I went to their web site and started a conversation with them. By the end of the conversation they'd lowered the price even further... I'd call them if I were you and simply ask what the lowest they can go is.
Comrad_Durandal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Good price on Kronos 88 these days? Reply with quote

andrewt wrote:
I think I've decided to buy a Kronos X 88, new so I have the warranty. Right now Pro Audio Star has a new X 88 on ebay for $2700 USD, not including Korg's $300 rebate. Is that the best price you've seen recently?

The problem I see with buying new products on eBay is that Korg likely won't recognize eBay purchase prices or invoices for the $300 rebate. So, its the full $2700, not $2400.
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Good price on Kronos 88 these days? Reply with quote

Comrad_Durandal wrote:
andrewt wrote:

The problem I see with buying new products on eBay is that Korg likely won't recognize eBay purchase prices or invoices for the $300 rebate. So, its the full $2700, not $2400.

I can't speak for Korg specifically, but I think it might be OK as long as it's an authorized dealer. I bought My Alesis Fusion on Ebay from Sweetwater and I had no issues when I had to get some warranty repair.

Might be worth an email to Korg Customer Service.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
andrewt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proaudiostar is listed on Korg's website as an authorized dealer, so I assume it's OK...
phil55

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to 'completed items' in eBay, they seem to be selling between $1700 and around $4000 with the average price about $2200 and $2700. There's a lot of Kronos's that didn't get sold too...
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Good price on Kronos 88 these days? Reply with quote

Comrad_Durandal wrote:
andrewt wrote:

That won't be a problem if it's an authorized dealer.
andrewt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking at my options, and I'm going to have to finance the Kronos since I was planning on $1000 for a used M3 and I don't have much more than that right now. Proaudiostar doesn't offer any financing, and Paypal's Bill me Later isn't going to work for me, so I'm going to call Sweetwater tomorrow and see if they'll match that price and let me finance it. I do have an invoice I can send them if they won't accept the ebay listing. Hopefully that works, if not I'll try Guitar Center.

I try to buy everything local, but none of my favorite stores can match that price...
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrewt wrote:
I've been looking at my options, and I'm going to have to finance the Kronos since I was planning on $1000 for a used M3 and I don't have much more than that right now. Proaudiostar doesn't offer any financing, and Paypal's Bill me Later isn't going to work for me, so I'm going to call Sweetwater tomorrow and see if they'll match that price and let me finance it. I do have an invoice I can send them if they won't accept the ebay listing. Hopefully that works, if not I'll try Guitar Center.

I try to buy everything local, but none of my favorite stores can match that price...

That price is significantly lower the Sweetwater's. I'll be surprised if they match it. Hope it works out for you!
Low Class

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought from ProAudioStar on many occasions both on and off eBay. 1st Class outfit!!! Great deals!! Purchase with confidence!!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrewt wrote:

Don't assume service will automatically happen. The Kronos is complex and there is some chance you will need service support from your dealer.

Ask your dealer exactly the steps, who pays for what, how long repairs take, what are the options. Salespeople may not want to be bothered with these details but you should be clear.

For example, sweet water has a sterling reputation in the US for service.

It isn't all about price in this case.
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danmusician wrote:
andrewt wrote:

That price is significantly lower the Sweetwater's. I'll be surprised if they match it. Hope it works out for you!

As much as I like Sweetwater, I would also be surprised if they could match a ProAudioStar price. I find that those "price match" policies are only honored if it's convenient for the retailer. I've taken such deals to my local Guitar Center and they have refused to.
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillW wrote:
danmusician wrote:
andrewt wrote:

As much as I like Sweetwater, I would also be surprised if they could match a ProAudioStar price. I find that those "price match" policies are only honored if it's convenient for the retailer. I've taken such deals to my local Guitar Center and they have refused to.

Sign up for ProAudioStar's email list. Every so often, they do a "flash sale" for email subscribers and you can get some amazing deals. There was one today and I scored a PX-5S for an outstanding price.

I also really like Sweetwater and give them a lot of business. You will get straight answers and great support after the sale.
andrewt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. As I expected, Sweetwater wasn't able to match that price, and you can only finance through Guitar Center by buying in-store which would add sales tax. (As I mentioned before, I do buy virtually all of my gear locally, but in this case the deal was just too good)

I was able to work the money situation out, and I just ordered it from Proaudiostar; the salesman was very helpful and flexible. Plus I'm in time to get the Korg rebate! Hopefully it will arrive in time for my gig next week, then I'll only have to bring one keyboard!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: