Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voca Keys external midi keyboard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
peteone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Voca Keys external midi keyboard Reply with quote

Hi Guys new here,

First post wanted to say hello to everyone and ask a question about external midi keyboard controlling keys.

I have an old M-Audio Keystation 25 powered through usb to my computer, midi out to midi in on volca. global ch1 on both devices and it doesn't work...is there something im doing wrong here?
chris-korg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my Alesis QX49 Midi-keyboard I have to assign the ZONE-channel (additionally to the Global channel) to the corresponding MIDI-channel of my Volca, maybe that is your problem.

Anyway you can check what´s comming out of the Midi-Out of your keyboard with programs like MidiOX.
peteone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-korg wrote:
In my Alesis QX49 Midi-keyboard I have to assign the ZONE-channel (additionally to the Global channel) to the corresponding MIDI-channel of my Volca, maybe that is your problem.

Anyway you can check what´s comming out of the Midi-Out of your keyboard with programs like MidiOX.

Hello I installed midiox - this is the setup keyboard is plugged in to my computer via usb and is plugged in to my sound card (midi IN)

when I set MIDI OUT on my controller to Int. midi ox shows blinking RT and keyboard responds on ch 1 when i switch controller to USB mode nothing responds
peteone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update connecting keystation directly to volca (MIDI) when powered with 9volt adapter works... I guess I cant have it USB to computer and midi to volca at the same time ...bummer!!
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own this M-Audio controller, but I just dropped an eye in the KeyStudio 25 manual.

This is how I interprete it:
Connect PC and keyboard via USB (for power)
Connect keyboard and Volca via MIDI

Set the MIDI OUT function to internal. Now you should be able to use the keyboard to control the Volca.

When the MIDI OUT function is set to USB, you can send MIDI data from your PC (over the USB cable) to the MIDI out port of the keyboard,
but the keyboard can not sent data to the MIDI out port. This is a MIDI through kind equivalent mode.

You have partially confirmed it in your posts.
Maybe you can give it a try.

Have fun.
peteone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting (but kind of misses its purpose I think) although I will give this a try

thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: