Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mysterious voice stealing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Apparent buggy software update Reply with quote

Chiming in here as I have stalled updating my machine to OS v.2.1 having read this post and quite a few others that are revealing a fair few problems with this latest update. For me the mute/polyphony option is the most important new implementation but as much as I am keen to have this feature I wouldn't want to face the apparent bugs in other areas.

Perhaps Dan can push for a re-write of this update and at the same time persuade the software developers to include some more of the mountain of the other suggestions that have accumulated on this forum since v.2.06 !!

As much as the new organ features and soundbanks are appreciated I think a lot of us here would like to see more practical issues addressed in the software. I shant go into any here as the forum is littered enough with the cries from dedicated Kronos users both pros and ammeters alike!

Always be true to yourself
motifvader

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Notes cutting out Reply with quote

I was going to inquire into this same issue. BTW - This occurs on ANY midi channel used, on any combi that I have tried. If you play the same note (eg. C1) on the controlling keyboard transmitting on any channel, it will cut off the corresponding note played on the Kronos when RELEASED. This strange behavior also puts me in a bad place......so any info/help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

motifvader
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Apparent buggy software update Reply with quote

chini wrote:
Chiming in here as I have stalled updating my machine to OS v.2.1 having read this post and quite a few others that are revealing a fair few problems with this latest update.

I'm aware of only a single problem introduced with 2.1: note-offs on non-Global channels are also sent to the Global channel. We are taking this seriously, and are working on it now. If you are aware of any other problems, please let me know.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
motifvader

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Software update Reply with quote

Thanks Dan! I'm sure it will be addressed as soon as is practical.
Have a fine holiday!p
JONLIBRA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem too. In combi mode, using G ch 1 on my K61 and ch 2 on my Sp 250, Notes cutoff on G ch 1. Thanks for adressing the issue, Dan!
Jambo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: 2.1 or not? Reply with quote

I ordered my Kronos last week, it should be here by the end of this week! YAY!!! I sure hope this bug is fixed before I get it so I can install the latest OS before I start creating patches. Smile
chini

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Apparent buggy software update Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
chini wrote:
Chiming in here as I have stalled updating my machine to OS v.2.1 having read this post and quite a few others that are revealing a fair few problems with this latest update.

I'm aware of only a single problem introduced with 2.1: note-offs on non-Global channels are also sent to the Global channel. We are taking this seriously, and are working on it now. If you are aware of any other problems, please let me know.

Hi Dan! bit of a while getting back to you I know!

Thanks for your response! I still havn't installed v.2.1.

I had posted this after reading some initial complaints from those who had gone ahead and installed v.2.1 that ended up being "pilot error" situations! However this voice stealing scenario would definitely interfere with my live rig so I was just wondering how the resolution of this anomaly is going??

markn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chini,

the note off issue is solved with update V.2.11.
So you can go ahead and istall...
chini

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markn wrote:
Hi Chini,

the note off issue is solved with update V.2.11.
So you can go ahead and istall...

Hi Markn!

Thanks very much for the tip!... must I load the original 2.1 first before loading 2.11 ?

markn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, no need to...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: