Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello Everyone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJ Klein

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Hello Everyone Reply with quote

i'd like to introduce myself to the forum, as i'm positive i'll be here a lot! i'm 57, living in Taiwan and am basically a retired recording artist from the USA. i just bought a mS to use in a 2-man gig i do here in Taiwan for fun. i'm looking forward to implimenting the mS into our show to handle the drums, bass, horns, strings, etc.. i intend on recording my Roland DR-880 programs onto the mS and then adding the other parts to the performance (which would be impossible on the DR-880 of course). i expect to run into some snags, so i'd like to thank everyone in advance for putting up with the noob questions i'm bound to have (but i promise to search the archives first before i post!). take care everyone.
新竹縣湖口鄉
Manus168

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi; I'm the Korg MS too and I'm satisfied with this little Keyboards for the sounds, arps, etc for this bang for the buck, and After I download the Sounds from the Korgman (Free) I found the Steinways (Combi's) have a more gainner power then the original Piano's and I'ms so happy.

How about you MJ, what do you thing about this Korg MS, can you share with Us, please ?

Thanks.[/url]

P.S. you can download the Korgman sounds from here : http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=66868
MJ Klein

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Manus,

well, i've had the mS for a little over a week. been working with the editor and doing some MIDI tracks. besides the fact that i'm new to MIDI and the mS too, i'm pleased with the results so far. the sounds are quite good. but little things bother me - like having to press "UP" to go down a list, or the opposite of having to press "DOWN" to go to a higher number, seems very odd. and it's not consistent so sometimes it's that way, and sometimes it's not. also, when i save my work in the editor and then try to load it back into the mS, it doesn't work. i have to save my MIDI songs to the SD card and load it back that way. not a problem since i intend on using my mS live and i'd rather not have to cart around my notebook computer anyway. i find that i'm really lacking in MIDI editing ability, but with my background as a professional recording engineer and producer, i should have no problem once i get up to speed in a MIDI editing program. it's just that the learning curve is quite steep for me at the moment! i had a strange problem the other day when the mS stopped playing polyphonically and was dropping notes as i was recording them. weird because it only did that once and it hasn't happened since.

thanks for asking, and sorry for how long it took me to respond. take care Manus.
新竹縣湖口鄉
Manus168

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ Klein wrote:
hi Manus,

well, i've had the mS for a little over a week. been working with the editor and doing some MIDI tracks. besides the fact that i'm new to MIDI and the mS too, i'm pleased with the results so far. the sounds are quite good. but little things bother me - like having to press "UP" to go down a list, or the opposite of having to press "DOWN" to go to a higher number, seems very odd. and it's not consistent so sometimes it's that way, and sometimes it's not. also, when i save my work in the editor and then try to load it back into the mS, it doesn't work. i have to save my MIDI songs to the SD card and load it back that way. not a problem since i intend on using my mS live and i'd rather not have to cart around my notebook computer anyway. i find that i'm really lacking in MIDI editing ability, but with my background as a professional recording engineer and producer, i should have no problem once i get up to speed in a MIDI editing program. it's just that the learning curve is quite steep for me at the moment! i had a strange problem the other day when the mS stopped playing polyphonically and was dropping notes as i was recording them. weird because it only did that once and it hasn't happened since.

thanks for asking, and sorry for how long it took me to respond. take care Manus.

Hi MJ; Thanks a lot for your reply.

Btw

May I ask you did you already use a stabilizer for your Korg MS ? And for connect to Laptop you must go to Global - Midi - Midi Filter - SysEX = ON.

All the best.
MJ Klein

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Manus. i'm not sure what you mean by a stabilizer for the mS.
新竹縣湖口鄉
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: