Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Automation from Logic X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebix

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Automation from Logic X Reply with quote

Hello.
I'm trying to automate Volca Keys parameters from Logic X. Midi-notes sends ok, i need just params automation.

In MIDI Implementation Chart (http://korg.com/uploads/Support/USA_volcakeys_MIDI_Chart_E.pdf), for example, CC42 changes Detune.
In Logic's External MIDI, in Inspector I've enabled MIDI FX and added, for example, Modulator. Modulator gave me possibility to control some params of my Keys (LFO Rate, for example). On track automation, now, i can chooce which parameter of Modulator could be automated. Thats good, but there is not all available params of Volca. Modulator has section (left bottom corner) where i can assign control of Modulator to output CC# (title "To"). But list of available CC numbers is 1-31, 64-119. There is no range 32-63 to which belongs CC42 (and many other Volca params). Why?

Thanks for your help.
dadabujontomasteel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this help?

http://m.youtube.com/watchv=pnIDov1SdFo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DpnIDov1SdFo

Just remove the m and the % from and other unneeded things in the URL, it will not redirect you to the link. You need to edit the link until it's the exact link.

David
thebix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dadabujontomasteel, no this doesn't. But thank you for trying to help.

Yesterday I solved this problem: for various params automation (CC#) needs to use Region automation instead of Track automation.
That can be done thru MIDI Draw->Other in Piano Roll

Choose Other (Alt+Y) and there will be full list of CC numbers with 32-63 range needed by Volcas. After selection there is no text in dropdown list, but it's ok, just draw your automation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: