Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aldan III, to be continued...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yatrix

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fede,

I thought the answer was given by me at the beginning of this thread - you need to have midi foot controller with a number of buttons on it.
The controller should be able to generate simple CC messages of immediate action (button depressed= certain message with value 127, button released = same message with value 0).
The range of required CC messages was proposed above.
The connection should be established via ordinary midi cable.

I personally have Behringer FCB1010 which was about 250USD in my country (guess 100 bucks would be fair price on Ebay).
Or you can find similar but more flexible and more expensive devices from Roland or Yamaha (can't advice on models , please google).

BR
Yatrix
Documentation included in setup.
dimitra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Yatrix: Is Aldan III compatible with Windows 8.1 (64 bit). I tried installing it, and am getting the System Error message. I also followed your instructions on Microsoft "SETUPPAD.exe" installation

Quote:

Tech Note 1:
"System Error &H007007E (-2147024770). The specified module could not be found."

In case you don't have any MS Office application installed on your Windows (any version), or you have just Starter Office then you may experience this kind of error.
That means that Aldan III have not found couple of DLL's that usually come with MS Office VBA.
Unfortunately, many years ago, for some reason, Microsoft has prohibited developers to register these DLLs with ordinary setup.
However at : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms968493.aspx there is file: SETUPPAD.exe which can that for us.
Please, download it and run, and Aldan III should work after that.

However, SETUPPAD.exe does not install on Windows 8.1. So I'm stuck now, it seems?
Yatrix

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aldan III is Win32 app. SETUPPAD.exe is Win32 also.
However both can run under Win64 environment if it is W7.
W8.1 - not supported. Actually I have no W8.1 to try.

Note: KROME - not fully supported due to in one of OS updates KORG added check sum calculation (like in KRONOS). I have not implement support for if and think that pcg files after modifications in Aldan won't be recognized by KROME properly.

And, finally, sorry, have nor time neither will to continue developing Aldan, because I'm playing Roland FA-06 already.
Documentation included in setup.
dimitra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And, finally, sorry, have nor time neither will to continue developing Aldan, because I'm playing Roland FA-06 already.

Interesting... how do you find it, compared to M50? The "Studio sets" at least seemed to be just like the Combi mode, as far as I could tell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: