Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keybed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dadabujontomasteel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can start with the category sounds, basically just to get through all the categories, turn the dial, and choose your sounds say you want a piano, and to scroll threw that bank you use the dial beside the screen.

Want a different sound? If you want a totally different sound you go into a different bank, and to scroll through different electric pianos, if you want to go through the electric piano bank, you need to click 2 of the dials.

And the same rule by the drums.

David
tommymandel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've kept mine on 9 (which is meant for weighted keybeds) for more than 2 weeks now, and am getting very used to it. i think it's the best setting (for my hands anyway) Smile
tommymandel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I get the energy, time and inspiration to tweak the touch even more, I go into the Program's multi samples and turn up the volume on the lowest velocity layer, maybe 10 or 20, so that the softly touched notes sound a little fuller - and don't disappear too much, or get very faint and bright. That helps - if you have decided to use a 2, 3 or a 9 Touch Sensitivity setting - on some of the Piano and EP sounds.
dadabujontomasteel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommymandel wrote:
When I get the energy, time and inspiration to tweak the touch even more, I go into the Program's multi samples and turn up the volume on the lowest velocity layer, maybe 10 or 20, so that the softly touched notes sound a little fuller - and don't disappear too much, or get very faint and bright. That helps - if you have decided to use a 2, 3 or a 9 Touch Sensitivity setting - on some of the Piano and EP sounds.

Tell me about it. Smile

David
tommymandel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dadabujontomasteel wrote:

Tell me about it. Smile

- I just did! Question
dadabujontomasteel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good.

David
tommymandel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Program/Men/Osc//Page+/Page+/Page+*/Level (adjust +13.)

*(Only hit Page+ as many times as necessary to get to the last Multisample that is, infact part of the Program. That will be the lowest velocity layer, if the sound is programmed to utilize this feature.) (You can tell, by the 'tabs' near the top of the screen: MS 1, MS 2, etc. MS stands for multisample layer.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&biw=1344&bih=699&tbm=isch&q=troll+doll&revid=963570927
dadabujontomasteel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kross also has other features which are really cool and easy to use. Basically all you have to do is first choose your sound, say you want an electric piano, so you leave it on the sound you have, click the layer button and then you choose your other sound. Do you get the idea? The same rule applies for the other function.

Say you want a piano, hit the record button. Then you choose the other sound, say you want a lead, click lead, and now you have the split. You can choose your split point as well using the arrows and hit the curser. Using the dial you can choose your split point. Say you want it lower than C4, say you want C3.

The Kross also has a really great feature, you have slots for sounds, and you have 4 banks. So you have 16 slots, that's for each 4 banks, so there's alot to choose from. Basically, all you have to do, if you have a sound you really like, say you want to be able to call it up on a gate right away.

Without having to go into the menus. You just choose your sound, and you hold the exit and favourites button. Plus, you see all that blinking, it's going into favourite mode, first you choose your bank. Say you want that sound to be in Bank A. So choose Bank A and it'll be there.

David
dadabujontomasteel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to listen to the demo songs you have to load them from global. So choose global, choose the function button, and with dial you select load with demo data, click okay, and then you choose what you would like to load. Hit okay. It will ask you "Are you sure" hit okay, then you have to load it into the sequencer.

So then you'll have to go to sequencer mode, and you'll see them here in the song list. And you just start the sequencer and it'll start to play.

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: