Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favourites

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisfp99

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Favourites Reply with quote

Hi all.

I have a very specific question that I can't find an answer for in the manual. I wondered whether someone who has a Kross could try something out for me.

If you are in favourites mode and are located on a combination, if you then change to combi mode, are you still on that same combi? This is important to me for live work.

Thanks for your help,

Chris
chrisfp99

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Anyone? Reply with quote

Just wondering if someone could try this for me?

I'm not keen on using the dials etc to change sounds live so I was thinking of placing all the sounds for a particular song sequentially as combinations (say B06 - 11).

Then I would set B06 as a favourite (say A08). What I would like to know is, if I go to favourites mode and press A08, I'll call up combi B06. Now if I switch to combi mode, will I still be on combi B06, so that with a footswitch I can select B06 - 11 one after the other.

I'd be really grateful if someone could try this for me.

Thank you,

Chris
tommymandel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO!
that's a bit of a problem for me, not as serious as for you.
What I will say is that when you use the 'sound category' dial, and switch between categories, when you do come back to that 1st category, the same sound is selected. so it's kind of like having a 12-way rotary switch.

I've tried editing a Combi from the Favorites Mode, and you end up editing the Favorites assignments, not the sound itself. As far as I've been able to figure (so far anyway...) you have to remember the number location of the Combi (or Program) and then de-activate the Favorites button; and then go to Combi, and call up the one you want.
chrisfp99

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Thanks - sort of Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.

However if I understand you correctly that's a real deal breaker for me. Gutted! Just not prepared to twiddle dials and stare at the screen with my eyesight when playing live. If there's no way to get to the combi I want (except from favourites mode) by pressing good ol' buttons then the Kross is not for me.

Also don't like using a touch screen live so the Krome is out. How hard can it be for manufacturers to make their 'boards usable live.

You've just cost me £1400 - I think it'll have to be the Kronos and set list mode. I won't use 10% of the features though.

Chris
vfrontiers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Favorites Editing Reply with quote

I did a quick search but can't find this answer... Can I simply disable the DRUMS and/or ARP in the FAVOURITES section? or do I have to create a new combo or program that disables it?

BTW... love the Kross so far... Nice sounds and functions.
vfrontiers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Between Favorites Reply with quote

Is there anyway way to keep the first sound going while switching to the 2nd favorite?
tommymandel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - buy a Kronos - it works like that in Set List mode. (but I've not been able to get my Kross to do it) Cool
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommymandel wrote:
Yeah - buy a Kronos - it works like that in Set List mode. (but I've not been able to get my Kross to do it) Cool

Actually ... it's not really related to Set list mode ... the feature to keep a patch sounding when changing to another is called SST.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tommymandel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
tommymandel wrote:

Actually ... it's not really related to Set list mode ... the feature to keep a patch sounding when changing to another is called SST.

Could you please explain that? I'd like to understand it better. Is a Kross capable of SST?

PS. We used to get that "SST feature" to work on Yamaha's Motifs, by putting each sound on a track of one Song: then one patch would keep playing (till you let go of the key(s)) even after another (Song Track) was selected & played with a new patch in it. It was the only way we came up with.

In Apple's Mainstage app, you can set the amount of time before a previous patch is muted after a patch change.

But I didn't know about SST, so more information would be appreciated Smile
Is it a Global Preference? thanks.
studio99

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: patch change Reply with quote

When we are talking about changing to a new patch without the previous patch quitting, are we referring to keeping a bass or left hand part going while changing the right hand sound (organ to piano etc?) or are we talking about a complete patch change?
vfrontiers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: patch change Reply with quote

studio99 wrote:
When we are talking about changing to a new patch without the previous patch quitting, are we referring to keeping a bass or left hand part going while changing the right hand sound (organ to piano etc?) or are we talking about a complete patch change?

Complete patch change.. moving from song 1 to song 2 without any SPACE between... Pad rings over while piano starts the next song...
studio99

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, the Kross won't do that for sure!

The issue with going from favorites to combis taking you back to the 000 number combi can be sidestepped by just putting all your needed patches in favorites which works Ok between songs.
Not much help for changing patches within a song but if you're working with a group hopefully those pesky guitar players can keep things moving while you switch between solo instruments Smile
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommymandel wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
tommymandel wrote:

Could you please explain that? I'd like to understand it better. Is a Kross capable of SST?

PS. We used to get that "SST feature" to work on Yamaha's Motifs, by putting each sound on a track of one Song: then one patch would keep playing (till you let go of the key(s)) even after another (Song Track) was selected & played with a new patch in it. It was the only way we came up with.

In Apple's Mainstage app, you can set the amount of time before a previous patch is muted after a patch change.

But I didn't know about SST, so more information would be appreciated Smile
Is it a Global Preference? thanks.

As far as I know, Kross is not capable of doing that... SST means in practice that if you change from one patch (program, combi, whatever) to another while pressing keys, the sound from the previous patch is not stopped. Neither the resulting effects (such as delay/reverb when not pressing keys).

It is not a global preference.

You can mimic it by using a combi/seq slot and enabling/disabling timbres inside one.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ca27

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also noticed this while playing mine. It's a minus for me. I really need those quick changes to different programs and combi's and I don't want the sounds to be cut while shifting to another.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: