Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Annoying inconsistency between disk and program modes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Annoying inconsistency between disk and program modes Reply with quote

I've just stumbled across an annoying inconsistency in the way the Korg Karma numbers programs between Disk mode and Program mode - namely - program banks on Disk are numbered 1-128 whereas on the Karma they are numbered 0-127!

I discovered because it wasted my entire evening - I had previously gone through about 10 banks of MOSS programs, noting those I want for an 'optimised bank' of sounds.

But on copying programs individually from Disk banks, by program number, to the Karma F bank, it is only after 3 hours of effort that I realise that each program copied was out by 1. For example, if in the solotri bank (Trinity MOSS set) I originally marked program number 7 for my use, and then copied program 7 from the solotri bank on disk - it is the wrong program - instead I needed to copy program 8 from disk because that corresponds to F bank program 7.

Surely this is an oversight - perhaps the designer of the internal banks was a C programmer and the designer of the disk utility a Fortran programmer?

In any case - an annoyance - and I now have to start all the actual copying of programs over again. Sad

Kevin
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought about using a librarian to compile a bank instead of the onboard copy?

I believe Michael Keijzer's librarian program works with KARMA as of the last time I saw it posted here. Might save you a bunch of time and aggravation if you can see the names of program's you are loading up in real-time.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Karma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: