Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
macb3th

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: help please Reply with quote

I'm very interested in buying one of these but I need to make the right choice.

I would like to make some sequences (arpeggiator) similar to the intro of this song by Clan of Xymox :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wddVm91ngJI

Really looking to do simple things like this, is the Volca the right tool for me?

Interested in the bass & keys, I can see how the keys would function for notes as it's a piano layout but the bass, is this just the piano notes merged into a single line?

any input is appreciated
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you I think I would be looking at the EMX. There is far more scope for experimentation- it has drums- it has a far bigger sequencer- it has a lot of synth/ sound options- it can remember far more patterns-it has lots of effects-you can get it to remember and play all of your knob twiddles... and there is lot's more!

Having said that- I am probably going to have far less to do with mine after I get the Volca's. But then I have a heavy interest in sampling/processing them.

But if you are looking to compose songs and experiment and you are kind of new to all this- try the EMX... have a look at it anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: