Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fastest way to convert program to combi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmaguilera

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Fastest way to convert program to combi Reply with quote

Hello.

Is there any software or way to convert a program to a combination with the exactly same sound?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Carlos
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you want to do that?

A program is a single sound (patch) while a combi can include up to 8 sounds (patches).

Cool
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think in a combi you can with the menu select a menu option to copy a program into one of the timbres of a combi. Make sure you also copy the effects.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cmaguilera

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I know that way to do it but it's a heavy task to do with a lot of programs.
I need to convert from program to combi for stage performance.

Thank you.

Regards!.
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you want to create several combis that consist of only one program?

I'm curious why you want to do that?

Shocked
cmaguilera

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only use a switch pedal (program up) to change the sounds while I'm playing a song. I put the sounds that I will use for a song in consecutive order and I use the pedal to go changing them. i'm always in combi mode. I don't use any midi foot controller or something similar.
I've been doing it for a long time with the korg trinity and now I'm starting with the triton. I have many programs that I want to use along with some combis.
My question was if anyone knew a way with less work.

Thank you.

Regards.
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short of using an editor I don't think there's a quicker way than selecting the program and then copying the effects which should be a one touch on the pull down menu top right of the insert effects page, with a similar step auto-copying the master FX.

To the other posters who couldn't understand why this would be desirable -- having one-program combos allows you to stay in combi mode while accessing both single programs and the usual multi-program combos. When building a set-list some songs don't need stacked, split or layered voices; it's nice to have something simple now and then. Also you can't use the step advance function without remaining in a single mode... It won't switch back and forth (which is why being able to do precisely that using the set list function without the duplication step is such a nice feature of the Kronos).

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synthoid wrote:
So you want to create several combis that consist of only one program?

I'm curious why you want to do that?

Shocked

The main reason is that many people use the combi patches as set list ... in that case it is easy to have them all in order (and not some of the songs to play with a program, others with a combi). Something like:

Combi A000 Song 1
Combi A001 Song 2

In that case you can just after each song press the INC button to go to the next song in the set list.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billbaker wrote:
To the other posters who couldn't understand why this would be desirable -- having one-program combos allows you to stay in combi mode while accessing both single programs and the usual multi-program combos.

Yes, thanks... after thinking about it, it all makes sense.

That's the way I have my M3 set up, although all the combis I am using live normally contain at least 3 programs.

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: