Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aftertouch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magikroom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Aftertouch Reply with quote

Ok, so I've had one for a few weeks now and am liking it more and more (though my Bass Station 2 gets most of the attention) and while I know there is no Aftertouch on the keyboard, so obviously doesn't transmit it, but does it receive it via midi? I've got a number of synths with Aftertouch that send, but it's not changing the KingKorg. Surely it must respond to Channel Aftertouch? Any ideas?
Korg Kronos 73, KingKorg, Arp Odyssey, X5DR, Roland System 1m, Juno 6, JX-3P, JX-10, MKS-50, D10, Moog Sub Phatty, Novation Bass Station 2, DSI Prophet 08, Tetra, Analogue Solutions Telemark V2 and Leipzig-S, Nord Lead A1, Dreadbox Erebus, Waldorf Pulse, NI Maschine, Komplete 9 Ultimate, Arturia SparkLe, Beatstep, Spectrasonics Omnisphere U-HE Diva (Best Soft Synth ever) + other Softsynths
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it recognizes aftertouch. It is the default "MIDI 3" control source (see page 19 of the parameter guide). And if you weren't playing it from another board that had aftertouch, you could also program a foot pedal to send aftertouch (see page 21).
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though MIDI 3 is set to aftertouch by default there might not be any programs setup to respond to it. You have to create a virtual patch and select MIDI 3 as the source and whatever you want to modulate as the destination.
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, you'd have to set the MIDI 3 Control Source to do something on a given patch... and whatever you set it to do will be activated by aftertouch.

If you wanted aftertouch to work on all patches out of the box as opposed to having to make special use of it, you could get a MIDI mapper that would convert AT to mimic the mod wheel function, then AT on your controller board would prodice the same effect as the mod wheel. You'd lose the ability to have AT and mod wheel do two different things, but that would be sufficient if your real goal here is to be able to introduce mod without having to take your LH away from playing. A MIDI Solutions Event Processor should be able to do that.
magikroom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Aftertouch Reply with quote

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Am surprised it isn't set globally as standard, even to mimic the Mod wheel...but I confess i've not dug deeper than tweaking some sounds, so my fault.
Korg Kronos 73, KingKorg, Arp Odyssey, X5DR, Roland System 1m, Juno 6, JX-3P, JX-10, MKS-50, D10, Moog Sub Phatty, Novation Bass Station 2, DSI Prophet 08, Tetra, Analogue Solutions Telemark V2 and Leipzig-S, Nord Lead A1, Dreadbox Erebus, Waldorf Pulse, NI Maschine, Komplete 9 Ultimate, Arturia SparkLe, Beatstep, Spectrasonics Omnisphere U-HE Diva (Best Soft Synth ever) + other Softsynths
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: