Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos as controller
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed_f wrote:
Shakil wrote:
The internal timbers can't be layered with different midi channels. The only way I can see this would be if you connected MIDI OUT port to MIDI INPUT with a cable. Or if you are looping MIDI back into KRONOS from the external modules.

Don't really understand what you mean by this.

Let's say you have layered three tracks... 2 pads, and some arp sound.... and you are holding some chord... and then you want to do a filter sweep on just the arp sound from your controller... Since the sounds are layered by setting to same MIDI channel, all three tracks will respond to the filter sweep...

If you set the timbres to different MIDI channels, they will not play together, unless you set to EXT.

If you set the timbres to EXT, and connect the MIDI out port to MIDI in (set a loop back), turn local off, then in combi mode you can still layer the tracks, and send controller messages to individual timbres by midi channels.
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Shakil wrote:
Multiple MIDI ports also give you 16 channels x each MIDI port.... .

Ah, good point! Though again, today, anyone needing that is probably using a computer-based sequencer, and that can also easily be addressed with current computer-MIDI interfaces.

Yes, of course the computer-based sequencer and MIDI interface solve these problems.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shakil, I know this will show just how green I am with this stuff and I am sure it has been mentioned before but what you posted finally makes sense and is quite exciting to think about! Something I couldn't even fathom before. Thanks for pointing it out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: