Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free Wiener Grand Piano with 10 Velocity Layers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRedZac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Free Wiener Grand Piano with 10 Velocity Layers Reply with quote

Hi there !

Time to share another piece of my recent sampling work... A vienna grand piano with 10 Velocity layers... Originally sampled in 48kHz at 24bit.
Download size about 850 MB zipped, extracted size 2.04 GB.
Programm is U-G000, PCG File included in the package. Both UserBanks have to be loaded at the same time to play it, about 100 MB of Ram is needed on Kronos.

Provided as is, surely a good starting point for further customisations...

Here´s the link:
http://www.mediacoustics.eu/index.php/site-map/kronos

Enjoy !

Cheers
Garfield
Digital Mixers only from Yamaha

http://www.mediacoustics.eu

You smoke electric cigarettes ? - Looking for the best liquid to refill them ? - See this:

http://www.steamshop24.eu

Last edited by MRedZac on Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing at that link for me
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed_f wrote:

Seems to be there now.
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melodialworks Music wrote:
ed_f wrote:

Seems to be there now.

yup it is. guess I was just too quick on the click
Bart S.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey MRedZac, vielen Dank for your efforts from the south of Germany! Very Happy
MRedZac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart S. wrote:
Hey MRedZac, vielen Dank for your efforts from the south of Germany! Very Happy

Servus und Bitteschön ! Smile

You smoke electric cigarettes ? - Looking for the best liquid to refill them ? - See this:

phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to download and unzip this without any problems on my PC.

I felt this piano could probably cut through quite nicely for a rock & roll type song. It's very bright and has a heavy attack. It's quite different then all the other pianos on my Kronos.

However, there are some problems with the velocity mapping. Sometimes the piano will sound rather weak on some keys when you play harder and there's at least one heavier velocity on the F above middle C that doesn't produce any sound at all. While it's a valiant effort, and I know it was not an easy task, I can't rely on this sound just yet. I'm sure with some more editing you can get it to be a quite useful sound.

-phattbuzz
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
MRedZac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phattbuzz wrote:

I felt this piano could probably cut through quite nicely for a rock & roll type song. It's very bright and has a heavy attack. It's quite different then all the other pianos on my Kronos.

However, there are some problems with the velocity mapping. Sometimes the piano will sound rather weak on some keys when you play harder and there's at least one heavier velocity on the F above middle C that doesn't produce any sound at all. While it's a valiant effort, and I know it was not an easy task, I can't rely on this sound just yet. I'm sure with some more editing you can get it to be a quite useful sound.

-phattbuzz

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Well, I just checked my bank account and I wonder, since I did not find any payment of yours, what confirms you in the position to complain about a 2 GB Piano Libary, provided as is and for free !?

You have downloaded all the files needed, you can even load the .KSC files to your RAM, edit in sampler mode and create new UserBank.KSCs... How you think about doing this and fix, whatever you think is needed to be done, by yourself ? - I´m sure, armed to the teeth with the manual, parameter guide and the useful threads on this forum, you can manage to create "your" perfect piano from the stuff you gained here, not even saying "thank you" for... Rolling Eyes

Even though I´m sure, it will never happen, feel free to repost your results here for all the others again, since this is the way a community works...

Sorry, but for some people here, social graces seem to be terms of a forgein language, they don´t speak... Wink

Cheers
Garfield

apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRedZac wrote:
phattbuzz wrote:

-phattbuzz

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Well, I just checked my bank account and I wonder, since I did not find any payment of yours, what confirms you in the position to complain about a 2 GB Piano Libary, provided as is and for free !?

You have downloaded all the files needed, you can even load the .KSC files to your RAM, edit in sampler mode and create new UserBank.KSCs... How you think about doing this and fix, whatever you think is needed to be done, by yourself ? - I´m sure, armed to the teeth with the manual, parameter guide and the useful threads on this forum, you can manage to create "your" perfect piano from the stuff you gained here, not even saying "thank you" for... Rolling Eyes

Even though I´m sure, it will never happen, feel free to repost your results here for all the others again, since this is the way a community works...

Sorry, but for some people here, social graces seem to be terms of a forgein language, they don´t speak... Wink

Cheers
Garfield

wow... I at least considered the same thoughts... I couldn't believe that he posted it with what seemed like no reservation.

Rolling Eyes
Some people

(and even if it is true, there's a more political way to say it)

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
MRedZac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apex wrote:
MRedZac wrote:
phattbuzz wrote:

-phattbuzz

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Cheers
Garfield

wow... I at least considered the same thoughts... I couldn't believe that he posted it with what seemed like no reservation.

Rolling Eyes
Some people

(and even if it is true, there's a more political way to say it)

Of course it´s true, and there are some small mistakes in the libary. Still, I use it everyday on stage and have no real problems with it in terms of playability. If you know, where is the missing note, F on velocity level 64, you can consider it while playing... This is the difference between a 249 Euro Vienna Grand and a Wiener Piano for free ! Wink
What annoyed me the most in his post was the consideration, that it should be me, fixing the problems for him to have a playready sound without any effort at all...

metallo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haven't yet downloaded and tried the library but many many thanks for sharing it with the community.
BTW I don't think phattbuzz has been unpolite and rude...actually I think his comment was to make your library even better and was not complaining about the small issues he found on the velocity....that's my 2 cents.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phattbuzz wrote:
While it's a valiant effort, and I know it was not an easy task, I can't rely on this sound just yet. I'm sure with some more editing you can get it to be a quite useful sound.

-phattbuzz

YouTube -

Facebook -

SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not known Phatbuzz to be rude on purpose in this forum. It was inconsiderate or came off that way, but I think he meant well.

By the way thank you, once again, for delivering such labor-intensive content at no charge.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah you are right. it probably just came across wrong... perception is soooo important

YouTube -

Facebook -

phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRedZac wrote:
phattbuzz wrote:

-phattbuzz

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Cheers
Garfield

I must apologize Garfield. I had no intention of disrespecting you or your work. I was, in no way, trying to insult you. I was actually trying to encourage you and I'm very sorry that it was taken the wrong way. Thanks for sharing it.
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: