Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Tutorials
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRedZac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Check here but I don't know how good they are ($70!!!)
There's a demo...
http://www.sudosonic.com/servlet/the-49/Korg-Kronos/Detail

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

I ordered them the same day as Kronos... Tried to watch them three times all in a row and each time, I fell asleep after 3 or 4 videos... Rolling Eyes
Digital Mixers only from Yamaha

http://www.mediacoustics.eu

You smoke electric cigarettes ? - Looking for the best liquid to refill them ? - See this:

http://www.steamshop24.eu
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Check here but I don't know how good they are ($70!!!)
There's a demo...
http://www.sudosonic.com/servlet/the-49/Korg-Kronos/Detail

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

I bought them and I don't think they are that good. Not any better than the Korg offerings. I was looking for something more like the one that was done for the Triton a long time ago. That went a lot deeper than what was presented in the manuals. And the guy from sudosonic didn't know how to use the clear button when entering text. That got annoying.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ron@ronniereverb.com wrote:
robdevine69 wrote:
Qui Robinez's tutorials on YouTube are phenomenal!

Yes, it looks good, looks like Qui has 16 Free Tutorials on youtube, so I though that they might also have paid ones for intermediate and/or advanced? But I guess not, I guess their thing is sound libraries.

thanks guys for the nice words about the tutorials, i really appreciate it Smile

Actually there are more then 16 tutorials on my channel, although there are 16 'official' tutorials (almost three hours of tutorials), some of the demos on my channel contain information of how to achieve the effect or sound in that specific demo.

It's indeed true that there aren't any paid tutorials on my site. I don't think that all tutorials on my site are beginners tutorials, there are a few that goes quite deep although that isn't visible at first site.

The best way to use my tutorials is to watch them once without reading the right side of the screen. Then watch it again and pause at each section to do the steps yourself. In that case after watching and trying out the steps you will know a lot of tricks in the kronos because due to the steps setup you will know your way around the Kronos Operating System.

Now most people know there way around the kronos i can create my tutorials with less text which speeds up the proces. I'm working at four new tutorials at the moment which will be available in the 'near' future.

Tutorials in progress:
1. Integrating the Kronos as an External instrument (including automation) for Ableton Live 9.
2. Integrating the Kronos as an External instrument (including automation) for Cubase 7
3. Programming sounds in the AL-1 including an indepth look at the very important multi filter of the AL-1 where you can define your own filter behavior, which in my opinion is the secret weapon of the AL-1.
4. Importing Midi drum grooves to expand your drum library on the kronos.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow al1 filters will be great and the importing drums sounds really cool! Thanks!
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuiRobinez wrote:

Tutorials in progress:
2. Integrating the Kronos as an External instrument (including automation) for Cubase 7

Can't wait!!!!!
ron@ronniereverb.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos Tutorials Reply with quote

lotty1 wrote:

I bought sudosonic video and was disappointed with them their was no depth to them Qui are much better and he is good enough to make them free.

Well, thanks for the warning! Nothing like wasting $70 for what you could have gotten better for free! So you feel you can go right from the Kronos vids to Qui? That's what I'm going to do. They have 16 vids, do you know the approximate total run time on those?
ron@ronniereverb.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuiRobinez wrote:

The best way to use my tutorials is to watch them once without reading the right side of the screen. Then watch it again and pause at each section to do the steps yourself. In that case after watching and trying out the steps you will know a lot of tricks in the kronos because due to the steps setup you will know your way around the Kronos Operating System.

Thanx Qui! It's a great thing you do, Korg must love you for it!
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos Tutorials Reply with quote

So you feel you can go right from the Kronos vids to Qui? That's what I'm going to do. They have 16 vids, do you know the approximate total run time on those?

almost three hours of tutorials and in the near future some new tutorials
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuiRobinez wrote:

Thanx Qui! It's a great thing you do, Korg must love you for it!

i have no idea what korg thinks of it, but it probably will help quite a few of their kronos users to see some of the kronos features in action Smile

But Korg also has fantastic videos online, the Rich Formidoni live webcast registrations are absolutely great, i can really recommend watching those since there is a LOT of information in those webcasts. (Search on youtube for 'Kronos Rich' to find them)
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuiRobinez wrote:

But Korg also has fantastic videos online, the Rich Formidoni live webcast registrations are absolutely great, i can really recommend watching those since there is a LOT of information in those webcasts. (Search on youtube for 'Kronos Rich' to find them)

Qui -

I've only being able to find one webcast. "In The Studio: Korg Kronos Livestream Webcast 5/24/12". Are there others?

Thanks,

Lawrence
hammondcuni
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qui I've been wanting to dive into a DAW for the first time. Cubase 7 is what Im leaning towards mainly because of what I read on this forum. Is the tutorial you are working on going to be a set up type tutorial(Kronos/Cubase) and getting started sort of video or will it be for advanced Cubase people ?
Thanks
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammondcuni wrote:
Qui I've been wanting to dive into a DAW for the first time. Cubase 7 is what Im leaning towards mainly because of what I read on this forum. Is the tutorial you are working on going to be a set up type tutorial(Kronos/Cubase) and getting started sort of video or will it be for advanced Cubase people ?
Thanks

the ableton and Cubase Kronos tutorial will show basically the same:

- how to setup the audio connection routings in Cubase and Ableton to your Kronos
- how to create an external instrument that automates the most important parameters
- how to create a wav file of your composition where the kronos output is merged in realtime (Based on midi) with your other vst's or samples. So that you don't have to record your kronos to separate audio tracks.
- how to get the external instrument (kronos) sample accurate with your VST's (latency compensation)

I'm still thinking of supplying the programmed external instruments which includes the automation knobs and parameters for download on my site with the tutorial.

I will not cover the basic functionality of Cubase or ableton since there are already so many good tutorials on youtube that explain that in a good way. I only focus on the integration part with the kronos.

off topic:
why did you choose Cubase 7 instead of sonar or ableton?

personally I think ableton is much easier to learn for people that just got started with DAW's.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melodialworks Music wrote:
QuiRobinez wrote:

Qui -

I've only being able to find one webcast. "In The Studio: Korg Kronos Livestream Webcast 5/24/12". Are there others?

Thanks,

Lawrence

if I recall correctly (it was a long time ago), I have seen three live screencasts on the korgusa live feed channel. but I can only find this one which is about 1,5 hour length and is a really good one to watch Smile
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="QuiRobinez"]the ableton and Cubase Kronos tutorial will show basically the same:

- how to setup the audio connection routings in Cubase and Ableton to your Kronos
- how to create an external instrument that automates the most important parameters
- how to create a wav file of your composition where the kronos output is merged in realtime (Based on midi) with your other vst's or samples. So that you don't have to record your kronos to separate audio tracks.

And for those that use Logic - I did basically the same thing for it a few months back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcC3X_uvnUQ
hammondcuni
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having bought Cubase 7 yet. Wanting feedback on is what i should of stated.
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: