Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microstation editor problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
studio99

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Microstation editor problem Reply with quote

The microstation editor does not see the microstation.

Win 7 64 bit

I've installed the drivers and the editor software.
The microstation shows up in the devices section of the control panel (though it reads as an audio device ??)
When I launch the editor, the KORG logo in the lower left does not light qne there is no connection between the instrument and the software.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
bradkorg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update windows midi drivers problem:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=44465
synthtweaker wrote:
Just in case anyone else has the same problem I can confirm the driver installation errors were caused by the 10 midi device limit in the Windows registry as mentioned by MonoPolyMan (thanks MPM! ) . Rather than delve in the registry and hack the entries I let the Korg Midi Driver Uninstall Utility do the work for me, which it does very neatly! I uninstalled the corrupted entries plus all but one of the repeated USB Audio Device entries and the Roland SH-201 entry. If you click the Option button it allows you to uninstall the greyed out entries.

I then re-booted the system with the Korg M50 turned on in advance. Windows did not try to install the standard driver so I just used the Korg Midi Driver Install Utility to install the 1.11 driver. It all worked perfectly and I can now synchronize the Editor plus the plug-in works in my DAW Very Happy

Very simple before running any mS Editor/DAW, you'll need manually:
1) Connect first microSTATION keyboard to PC.
Then run EzSetup.exe in the path where the KORG USB Midi Driver is located> C:\Program Files\KORG\KORG USB-MIDI Driver\EzSetup.exe.

And then run mS Editor or DAW, you'll need to run EzSetup.exe first every PC use!
Or make an quickStart link to EzSetup.exe

See thread:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=81883

Last edited by bradkorg on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
studio99

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks very much on this question as well. I did as you suggested and still had no luck.
Called Korg support and they pointed out a hidden utility in the Editor software that enabled you to delete extra midi drivers in your system. Apparently Windows only supports up 10 and I was over the limit.
After trashing some old Yamaha drivers I don't need anymore it seems to work fine.
I'm going to acquire a Kross as soon as they are available, and I'm trying to improve my Korgsmanship in the meantime.
Thanks again for your help!

Pat
bradkorg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update info, persistent problems with more than 10 midi drivers in Windows can be deleted, by using Korg unstall utility: KORG/KORG USB-MIDI Driver/UnInstDrv.exe

Have fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: