Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warning for creators/programmers of sounds
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Warning for creators/programmers of sounds Reply with quote

On the following face book page sounds are put for download:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/motifshareclub

However, the owner does work in a strange way:
- people can upload sound files
- in return they get a password to download other people's files

However, it is not checked that the uploaders give their own files.

In contrary, I found files that are made by respectable members here, while NOT getting credits.

Even worse, someone who joined the face book page was not allowed to the downloads because he did not upload anything while his created PCG file was uploaded by someone else.

Files also from sbssantos are there, Phattbuzz, even Sharp and more.

I know most people don't mind their PCG files being shared, but not without credits, and defitely not with others getting the credits.

So I would give a warning to sound designers, to check that page and act on it.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found one of my files there that was taken from KorgPatches.com and zipped with a bunch of other files.
I told the owner of the site that I did not mind him sharing the file there, but to give the correct credit to the creator.
Quoted from the site owner, Ron Geraerts: "MEMBERS MUST FIRST SUPPORT/ SHARE / UPLOAD SELF CREATED MOTIF ? MOX OR KRONOS FILES"
Well I didn't upload that file and who ever did was NOT the creator, he just zipped a bunch of files together.
Now here's the thing that really "Get's My Goat", he tells me that I haven't shared anything there and I must share to stay!
Confused
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a list of files in that zip:
Jim Wagner Vocoders.zip
Vh1984bsbsantos.zip
Test.zip
Phattbuzz1.zip
Neoendorphindemo.zip
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fragment of the face book page:

Brian Randall Note that the file Phattbuzz1 was done by me - it was originally uploaded to KorgPatches.com

2 hours ago · Unlike · 1..

Brian Randall I do not have a problem with it being shared here as well, but please give credit to the creator.

2 hours ago · Unlike · 2..

Michel Keijzers I think that also counts for some other files in the list, I recognize them from other sites (like korgpatches and korgforums.com).

2 hours ago · Like..

Ron Geraerts hi brain when people upload here it also says the upload name PS YOU HAVE NOTHING SHARED or uploadYET ON THIS CLUB !!!

2 hours ago · Like..

Michel Keijzers You mean I can just upload something from anybody else? That sounds really strange.

about an hour ago · Like..

Michel Keijzers And even worse, Brian has created the file and he is expected to upload something? It IS already uploaded, by someone else.

Ron Geraerts NO NEW MEMBERS MUST FIRST SUPPORT/ SHARE / UPLOAD SELF CREATED MOTIF ? MOX OR KRONOS FILES after a fair upload / share / supports/ they can ask for psw on the self created club files !! thats why we call it sound SHARE club so it means if new members share only a couple voice presets once !! they can NOT download full self created libary's that includes songs/ patterns /performances '/ etc we share on equal files in the past of this club new member came up with 3 to 5 standard edited voice presets as support . but they want after support this < all the completed commercial AND the hard work completed self created files ! that s not the policy that s the reason i must enter passwordts on the daily new files on this club to avoid that people only want to be a member to do quik all the downloads says not even thanks or give any credits or reactions on the creators and then leaf and upload or files or ask money on other clubs / groups /and forums !!

Ron Geraerts so now you both now the simple rules on this great sound SHARE club !! so welcom michel and brain to the club !! PS oh yeah you both did NOT yet any share or upload supports for this club !! so hope you do after your wordts abouth credits ??? thx grts ron

Ron Geraerts michael im the owner of this club and i make the rules i know if new members try to fool us here !! ii now as best who shares and what they shares it comes all in my private mail and i check first the files before i link the files on my club so if b...See More

Ron Geraerts you see thats the point THEN IT BECOMS ABSOLTE SILECE AND NOT THAT QUIK REACTIONS after so mush best advices and ideas !! so enjoy your one week quest membership ! after support you become a full member and if you want some files i m the sweet guy you musk ask for any downloads or psw tis is the only way how it works as you can see what we all have here to share !! believe me i learn that here !! grts ron

about an hour ago · Like

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*following topic*

burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO is there any way to check the files without joining?

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
Sparker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me see if I have this right ...

This is a closed group Facebook 'club' where users are uploading someone else's files to get membership so they can download other files/sound-sets ....

and the page 'administrator' is bitching because people haven't 'shared' their own files - even if they haven't written them themselves and have 'pinched/lifted' them from other people without giving credit ...

If I'd spent time writing and submitting files (on here for instance) and someone posted them to another 'public'/private-members-club without giving acknowledgement I'd be pissed off with them ...

There is of course the Facebook 'report' button for those affected ...

Or am I barking up the wrong tree, (or just barking) ...

Line 6 Flextone XL / Line 6 POD XT / Roland V Bass / Ampeg Portabass & Cab / Assorted Guitars (no whammy bar) ... and a Fender Champ ...
.Jens

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The page/group seems to be removed now...
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Jens wrote:
The page/group seems to be removed now...

Nope - just changed the group status from CLOSED to SECRET.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be checking this out.
Nobody is allowed to host my files. I've never given permission to anyone. Why would I when I host everything on my own two sites. Korg Forums, and IA-Studio.

Thanks of the heads up.

Sharp.
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a bit of a predicament I'm in.
I gave him permission to use my file as long as he acknowledged that I was the creator. He, in turn, refused to believe this, stating that he checks all files. He states that I'm not a full member until I upload a file to him.
Now that he has changed the page status from closed to secret, I doubt that I can invite anyone into the group. If I tell him, at this point, I do not want him sharing my file, he will surely ban me. That really doesn't bother me, but what about the other people who's files are being shared without their permission? If I report him to facebook, I'm afraid he'll just take the page elsewhere.
Any ideas?
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Ron:
Ron Geraerts Hi brain sir i deleted the kronos file thats a friend of yours Michel Keijzers
claims its yourse and steelt from your kronos group ??? i can not now when others in my club use othhers files to get more files for them self believe me i know this it happens all the time also here !! thats how people are grts ps if you wish to communicate on that you must first add me as friend .so we can talk .have fun for being a guest member this week grts ron and the cluba few seconds ago · Like..

All is forgiven
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phattbuzz wrote:
From Ron:
Ron Geraerts Hi brain sir i deleted the kronos file thats a friend of yours Michel Keijzers
claims its yourse and steelt from your kronos group ??? i can not now when others in my club use othhers files to get more files for them self believe me i know this it happens all the time also here !! thats how people are grts ps if you wish to communicate on that you must first add me as friend .so we can talk .have fun for being a guest member this week grts ron and the cluba few seconds ago · Like..

All is forgiven

I didn't understand a word of that!
levioter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is completely ridiculous !
He is asking to the patch creator to give another patch to his site in order to acknoledge the ownership of the creator ?
And he is talking of "brain" ?

Wacky

Cheers Very Happy
Yuma
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phattbuzz wrote:
From Ron:

All is forgiven

Is that written in Klingon? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: