Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When the Man Comes Around

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: When the Man Comes Around Reply with quote

I am curious if you wizards have a quick solution for the guitar coolness in this Johnny Cash song. During the verses he is palm muting is that what it's called? I am not a guitarist). Then on the middle eight and choruses he goes into open strumming.

Could this be accomplished similarly to using SW1 in some string patches to switch pizzicato on and off?

Thanks wizards!

Vlad
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
Comrad_Durandal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd imagine a similar performance could be worked up, though you might have to change up the performance to work around the limitations of playing guitar sounds with a keyboard (some things you can easily do on a guitar aren't so easy on a keybed architecture). With enough trial and error, I'd imagine you could work up a good performance rendition of it - but certainly not a side-by-side note-for-note 'copy' of it.
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not looking for a side by side note comparison of it, I just want to get close which is possible.
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: