Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Komplete 9 or just Kontakt 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Virtual Soft Synths, and Plug’ins.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Komplete 9 or just Kontakt 5 Reply with quote

I am running Logic 9 as my DAW and I was looking into adding a plugin to my studio setup. I am in a band but getting bored with playing the same old 70's / 80's covers and decided to start recording my own stuff on the side.
I am still learning Logic but I figured why not spend more money.............
Let me know what you guys think about Komplete, Kontakt or any other plugins you guys have, or used. Obviously I must stick with a VVT plugin because I have a Mac. But all input is welcome.

Thanks,
Tim
Stipes Vigilo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't own it myself, it seems like a very good and complete program to start and end with. However, since you're already getting bored by those certain types of sounds, you may find yourself bored with a great deal in it too.

You might want to start by downloading the NI's free instruments and trials to see what inspires you.
The other obvious choices to look at are the free Alchemy player; the free AAS player and perhaps the demos from Uhe (Zebra/Diva); Tone2; & Synthmaster.
Spectrasonics is well worth the mention to check out also, but they offer no demo/trial and don't even you much to audition from.

IMO: Best to start with free players/demos/trials and ask ourselves the hard questions.
What am I looking for? What am I trying to do? What inspires me? What can my system and budget handle? How does it balance, compliment and integrate into what I already have?

YMMV - Happy hunting!
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stipes Vigilo wrote:
While I don't own it myself, it seems like a very good and complete program to start and end with. However, since you're already getting bored by those certain types of sounds, you may find yourself bored with a great deal in it too.

You might want to start by downloading the NI's free instruments and trials to see what inspires you.
The other obvious choices to look at are the free Alchemy player; the free AAS player and perhaps the demos from Uhe (Zebra/Diva); Tone2; & Synthmaster.
Spectrasonics is well worth the mention to check out also, but they offer no demo/trial and don't even you much to audition from.

IMO: Best to start with free players/demos/trials and ask ourselves the hard questions.
What am I looking for? What am I trying to do? What inspires me? What can my system and budget handle? How does it balance, compliment and integrate into what I already have?

YMMV - Happy hunting!

Thanks for your response Stipes Vigilo I just wanted to clarify one thing: it is not the sounds that I am getting bored with it it the 70's guitar based music that the guys in my band insist on playing. A majority of it don't even have piano / keyboard parts so I am either playing the horn, effects parts, or I just fill in with organ or piano parts. I just want to write my own stuff but be able to inject quality sounds / patches to inspire me or fill in to what I am writing.
I have heard of Alchemy being another quality plug in from other forums. Thanks again for responding.
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just installed Komplete 9 ultimate last night and I forgot to set the path for the sound library to go to my external drive Embarassed After the install though I copied the sound library to the external drive but my Mac would not allow me to delete the sound library on my Mac.
Can anyone help??
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow these parts of the forum gets as much traffic as a dead end street.

I'll be here all week, try the veal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Virtual Soft Synths, and Plug’ins. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: