Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with USB-MIDI drivers - need a little advice :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaboy

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Problems with USB-MIDI drivers - need a little advice :) Reply with quote

Hi,

I've had a microstation for a few months now and I love it.
But I have yet to successfully connect it to my PC.

I have been very careful in following the instructions, and I have previously installed the same drivers for other Korg products without problem. But with the Microstation there is no success, and I've tried 2 different laptops - both well-specced Toshibas using win7.

I am connected directly via USB2 cable. I made sure to install the korg driver tools first. Latest versions used.

When I use the tool for installing the Korg USB-MIDI drivers, it identifies the Microstation as connected, and the driver appears to install correctly.
However, the microstation does not show-up as a MIDI device in any DAW, nor is it recognized by the Microstation editor.

I've installed and re-installed several times, also specifically the drivers via Device manager. Usually I don't have a problem troubleshooting this kind of problem.

But now I'm stumped. Any ideas to try would be gratefully received. Is there another way to install the USB-MIDI driver?

Thanks in advance,
J
Synthesizerplayer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The drivers behave a bit strangely. The first thing to focus on, is to get the microstation working and recognized by the microstation editor.

I remember that after installing the driver I had to make a few adjustments in the editor and then it showed up as connected in the editor.

It was a trial and error game for me. I have not used it in any DAW so I cant tell you much about that.
bradkorg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update windows midi drivers problem:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=44465

KORG/KORG USB-MIDI Driver/UnInstDrv.exe

synthtweaker wrote:
Just in case anyone else has the same problem I can confirm the driver installation errors were caused by the 10 midi device limit in the Windows registry as mentioned by MonoPolyMan (thanks MPM! ) . Rather than delve in the registry and hack the entries I let the Korg Midi Driver Uninstall Utility do the work for me, which it does very neatly! I uninstalled the corrupted entries plus all but one of the repeated USB Audio Device entries and the Roland SH-201 entry. If you click the Option button it allows you to uninstall the greyed out entries.

I then re-booted the system with the Korg M50 turned on in advance. Windows did not try to install the standard driver so I just used the Korg Midi Driver Install Utility to install the 1.11 driver. It all worked perfectly and I can now synchronize the Editor plus the plug-in works in my DAW Very Happy

Very simple before running any mS Editor/DAW, you'll need manually:
1) Connect first microSTATION keyboard to PC.
Then run EzSetup.exe in the path where the KORG USB Midi Driver is located> C:\Program Files\KORG\KORG USB-MIDI Driver\EzSetup.exe.

And then run mS Editor or DAW, you'll need to run EzSetup.exe first every PC use!

see thread:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=80505&sid=7f92355c2d3fe72d0ad514983af99b77
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: