Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OS 3.01 XMS1 damaged multisample when loading Real drums-set

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bernard

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: OS 3.01 XMS1 damaged multisample when loading Real drums-set Reply with quote

Hi
A few years ago when PA1X Pro still was the hottest arranger to go for, I installed XPRO Data's XMS1 Golden Entertainer and till this moment up I never regreted the purchase of the board! It really did put the keyboard into another league.
However, I'm having this problem with messed up multisample (449, soprano sax) after after having loaded Korg's Real Drums-set.
As you know (or don't), OS 3.01 XMS comes with a bunch of additional multisamples in ROM, among them the mentioned Soprano Sax.
The problem: after having loaded the Real Drumsset, the sound Soprano Sax no longer plays sax-sound, but some drum sounds.
Checking things in soundmode learns that the undelaying multisample is the one it should be; but it sounds ... mwaa... 'drumish'.
So I understand that somehow the saxsample(s) used in the multisample where replaced by other (drum)samples.
Since the multisample (and the samples I suppose) come with the loading of OS, so ROM-sounds, I don't understand what is happening.
I hope someone can help me out on this. I put my bet on Detlef .
Anyway, many thx for your reaction.

Wink
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be you don't have enough Ram for PCM of both Golden Entertainer and real drums. Have you added the extra 16mb? If not I'd be hunting down an old 16mb memory card and see if that solves the problem.
Best,
John
Bernard

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John
Thx for your reply
I did install the extra 16 meg RAM-card.
My understanding is that the damaged Sax multisample comes with the OS 3.01 XMS, located in ROM. The Real Drums is a set and loads the samples in RAM. How can RAM interfere with ROM ?
Brgds Bernard
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The soprano sax work fine - which *.BKP file for the Golden Entertainer do you have?

Most of the Samples for Golden Entertainer Board come up with the *:BKP and they will be loaded in the RAM.

If you load the *.BKP for the Golden Entertainer the 32MB RAM is used up to 27-28MB if i remember right.

I can imagine that via loading other sample the order of the samples is moved and that doesn´t fit to the sounds any longer.

Is this fact existing when you load only the *.BKP for the Golden Entertainer too? or does it only exist if you load additional software into the key?

Last edited by wittid on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bernard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Detlef
I don't understand. As far as I found out, most of new the samples of golden entertainer were added in ROM and come with the uploading of the OS 3.01 XMS. I checked this out in sound-mode. I wondered anyway how Xprodata managed to do this.
After having loaded XMS1-BKP I still have plenty of memory in RAM 1 and 2, but when I load up Real Drums, some (not all) Golden Entertainer samples (in ROM)are messed up/replaced by drumsounds.
Rgds
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bernard,

the answer is relatively simple.

You´ve 32MB installed.
The *.BKP from Golden Entertainer needs about 28MB RAM.

If you load 7,6MB Real Drums - it´s too much - so some samples of the Golden Entertainer will be overwritten.

Hope that helps.

take care
Detlef
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: