Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Polyphony Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tommymandel

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Polyphony Question Reply with quote

Does a Performance use the same number of 'voices' - polyphony, I mean - if Track 1, 2 and 3 are switched on with Tracks 2 & 3's Volume Fader down at 0, as it would, if Track's 2 and 3's Play Switch were just off?
Thanks. Question
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the tracks are muted they would not be chewing up your polyphony but if you just turn the volume down they would still be using it up. Just make sure also you have the latest operating system - I do remember that polyphony allocation was much smarter with the latest release. For instance a bass piano note with damper applied will continue to ring even if some later played higher notes use up all polyphony. Its also very dependent on sounds selected. Most sounds use 2 oscillators per note played (for stereo) while some string sounds might use 4. Even with some very heavily orchestrated midis and playing along with piano, I can only think of one song where I noticed running out of poyphony out of hundreds.
John
tommymandel

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John. I haven't been experiencing voice stealing yet, even with triple layers, 3.01... I appreciate your answer - it helps me to understand the way this wonderful instrument works: and may come in handy somewhere down the road, when I start overarranging. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: