Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

m50 vst softare editor issues - wrong patches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Virtual Soft Synths, and Plug’ins.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nik1

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: m50 vst softare editor issues - wrong patches Reply with quote

Hello,

I actually posted this topic in the M50 section and I apologise in advance for being bombastic but if anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

I've had some problems with my m50 since upgrading my computer, I knew it would be a difficult task, hence why I put off switching to windows 7 and upgrading my computer hardware for so long but this is starting to send me a bit nuts. My vst drum machine has come back fine and all of my audio, (although at times hard to locate) is in its rightful position but the M50 is all over the place.

I use Reaper as my DAW and have contacted them as well as Korg, (though they've not got back to me) but if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

In all the projects where I used my M50, (within the DAW) it is recalling the wrong patches upon starting up the m50 but the plot thickens - it is confusing the bank but in some cases but not the numeric value of the patch i.e. it will bring up combi patch 73 bank A instead of combi patch 73 bank C. In other instances it is even confusing Combi's and Programs. There is a lot of material to wade thru and I can slowly figure out what was what but the problem gets even thicker...

I have tried re-saving projects after finding the correct patch but then upon opening the project once again it reverts back to the incorrect patch that was initially brought up in the first instance, (after building my new computer) but there's more...

When I initially started using the M50 I initiated some global changes most notably, "local control on" and then after committing a "dump" (does that sound weird) and writing it as a global setting each subsequent time I opened the M50 it would preserve my global changes but no so now - each time I load the unit I have to re-enter the local control command which isn't the end of the World but suggests to me that something isn't being found or saving properly in the first instance.

A little more on my system - I've tried the latest and an older instance of the editor software and both have behaved the same- could it be that perhaps the M50 doesn't like Windows 7, this seems unlikely as I think it actually just uses the 32 bit architecture as it says x 86 in the plug in list.

Could the USB driver be incorrectly installed - that seems strange as my Korg Nano Pad is behaving as it should - although that stores no data.

I'm using the latest version of Reaper - they suggested turning off: send all notes off, reset pitch and reset cc within the DAW but that seemed to have no effect.

The Audio interface could not really affect it but just for the sake of the record it's a Focusrite Scarlett - I guess that's about it...

Again if anyone could suggest anything I would be eternally grateful.

Nik
nik1

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: anybody Reply with quote

I guess nobody has had this problem b4? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
nik1

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: answer Reply with quote

just in case anyone stumbled upon this problem - use the 32 bit option of your daw - you'll loose some RAM capacity but save yourself some heartache
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Virtual Soft Synths, and Plug’ins. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: