Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't change midi tracks volume after computer editing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cristhopper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Can't change midi tracks volume after computer editing Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I'm having some difficulties understanding the way this works. I'm a newbie and still learning how to use everything the microSTATION has, so please forgive my helplessness and lack of understanding.

Here's my problem:

I started recording a song using the onboard sequencer by playing each instrument and so forth. So far so good. However, I reached half of the song right after the chorus and now I grew lazy of deciphering the specific arrangements of each instrument (it's a pop salsa song) in the second part and to wrap it up for now I just wanted to copy the first half of my song again into the second half and then leave it. Wanna try some other genre now.

And so I did, I exported my sequence into a SMF (which I don't know what it means) and I did some basic copying and pasting (BTW, do you know any good and free midi editing software for these kinds of purposes, mine sucked big time) and now I have finally saved my final result into a midi file and loaded it back into the MS. It all went good until I realized the volumes of the tracks had been reset to 100. I've been plucking my hair trying to set those to my previous values but haven't figured out a way to do it. When I try changing the values, they won't stay to the levels I want and be reset back to 100. I tried using the included editor but still failing to save the new values. I tried setting them on the computer but I haven't found anyway to do it because none of the editors I have used can do so it seems.

Has anybody experienced this before? I thought it was a problem with me loading MID files instead of SNG files and so I loaded the MID file with SMF and then saved all of them as SNG, turn off and load again from SNG but still to no positive outcome. Track volumes won't change from 100, not higher or lower.

Can anybody help me?
Yautja

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An easier way to do that is to go to Track Edit/Copy Measure (or Repeat Measure), select the measures you want to copy and enable All Tracks.

As for the volumes, I'm not sure if there's a way to erase the saved values without re-recording. They're likely saved on the first measure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: