Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ms w/studioone can hear audio/midi going into computer, but

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
botielus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: ms w/studioone can hear audio/midi going into computer, but Reply with quote

but not back? I'm sure i have a setting wrong on either the ms or the computer program (I'm using free version of presonus studio one - NEW at using computer to record sequences). Anyhoo, I loaded drivers/programs, hooked up the ms to puter with usb cord. start program to record. added the ms as an instrument (generic, all midi channels - program doesn't have the ms listed as loaded instrument). I play the ms, can see the midi signal in puter, record, can see the image that I recorded midi. but when I click PLAY on the puter, I can't hear anything from the ms???? I've checked every midi type setting on the synth, and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong Sad
Fezzler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be better to ask in Studio One forum. I am NOT an expert, but a few thoughts.

I believe Studio One FREE does not allow use of external VST/VSTi. So that could be one reason.

You have to set up the MS I believe as an Instrument and Keyboard within Studio One. I'm not sure if free verison allows that either.

You probably are not hearing sound becaue what is being recorded is MIDI data and not sound. The MIDI data is used to drive a VSTi or MIDI device like the MS. That's a routing issue. You have to tell the track where to send the MIDI data to play the sounds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: