Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anybody seen a dust cover for the kronos 73
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure does...and even smells nice...until you leave it on the ground and your cat pisses on it...

grrrrrrrr![/quote]

I have 3 cats and if any one of them did that their names would quickly be changed to Stir Fry, Slippers, and Mittens.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well maybe you are lucky ... suppose the cat has pissed on the Kronos while you wouldn't have a dust cover.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
schroed3r1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a cat and she used to use my Motif ES6 as a jungle gym platform. Thankfully she has stayed off the new Kronos.
DavyP

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Dust Cover Reply with quote

PinkFloydDudi wrote:
I went with this one from Gator...fits nicely and looks pretty cool.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GKC1540/

+1

I also bought a Gator cover. Stretches to fit, does the job and looks good even if a little more expensive than home made solutions.

Only negative is liquid spillage which could be a problem. However I remember having difficulty locating a plastic waterproof solution at he time I bought it.
Korg Kronos 88, Korg M1, Novation SL61 MKII, Roland JV1080 with Techno expansion, Roland D110, Yamaha MU80, KRK Rokit 5 monitors, Akai ME30PII midi patch bay, Behringer RX1602 mixer, ESI ESP1010e audio interface, Quad Core PC, Cubase Pro 9.0, SE X1 condenser mic.

Guitars: Yamaha SG700, Ovation Applause electro-acoustic, Squier Strat, Roland micro cube amp.

Former: Roland Jupiter 6, Yamaha DX9, Akai X7000 sampler, Casio CZ1000, Roland SH101, Roland TR909, Roland MC500mk2, Emu Procussion.
Corgy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use simple ones from "Soundwear Dimbath". They come in different sizes are elastic and stretch over the keyboards. Not really expensive.

http://shop2.ezentrum.de/3760775/HO2vWa0JPzMvIq3UXGDr6lDo3wU3ZT/4DCGI/ezshop?action=storefront&ButtonName=00&WorldNr=00
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
As i know and i have used dust covers forever there is no Brand speciffic,
i cover my Kronos with one i bought at Sam Ash which i dont even know
what it is and my M3 with a Ketron Dust Cover...just buy it whatever keys you have.

My sentiments exactly. Just find one for a 76 key and it should work great!
BrickPilot, your wife does some amazing work. Smile Smile
Timodeous

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be ordering this one shortly...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130864487285?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

So far, this looks nicest and seems to be made from materials to protect Kronos 73 from most nastiness...
Hal2001

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The standard generic stretchy fabric ones work just fine, at least It does with my 88 key Kronos. I think it's only about $15. Got mine at the Best Buy musical store. Looks nice and neat because it stretches perfectly smooth In classy black color.
sorinv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had those from Thomann: http://www.thomann.de/de/rockbag_keyboardabdeckungen.html. But after a year almost all cracked on corners or sides and started to look cheap. So I found on eBay this guy from Bulgaria who makes custom padded covers (and bags) for absolutely any music instrument you can think of... and they look and feel great on stage or home: http://www.ebay.com/itm/KORG-Kronos-73-keys-keyboard-custom-padded-cover-/130864487285?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e78219b75. You can even customise the logo - Kronos, Korg, or your name Very Happy

W10x64, Cubase 10.5 x64, Wavelab 10.5 x64, RME Fireface 400 x 2, Qx9650, 16gb etc
Roland XV5080 (8 Exp), V-Synth 2 w VC1 & VC2 cards, A50, JP8000, SC8850, A880, Jupiter4, Kronos 61 (4gb, 128Gb SSD, 10 EXs), 05RW, TR-Rack, Triton Classic 61 (Fully Exp), NanoPad2, Virus TI2 Polar, Oberheim OB3², Hammond XK1, Mellotron M4000D mini, Moog Voyager PE (modded), Moog Sub37, Yamaha S80 w BC3 and 2 PLGs, 01V Console (w 8 ins Expanded), Yamaha VL-1 V2 w BC2, Line6 Variax Guitar, Charlie Labs Digitar, Motu Express 128 & Micro Express, Kenton Control Freak Studio, Tannoy Reveals, Avalon Compressors, more VST's that I want or need Smile, some mics & other small devices.
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkFloydDudi wrote:
TexasTango wrote:
PinkFloydDudi wrote:

Yep, it's perfect

Sure does...and even smells nice...until you leave it on the ground and your cat pisses on it...

grrrrrrrr!

I would imagine something like that is machine washable (at least on gentle) with some Oxyclean. I've cleaned my cymbal bags that way numerous times for the same reason.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
Product Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: EXCELLENT CUSTOM COVER Reply with quote

I had a Custom Cover made for my Kronos 61. It fits perfectly and was reasonably priced. Delivery took several weeks. For a 73 or 88 you would need to specify a greater width. The spec "2 in. Down Back" allows the cover to be installed with all cables plugged in because the cover only extends over the top two inches of the back. My cover is clear anti-static vinyl but a choice of other materials is available. If you select the link below, scroll down to see the custom covers.

Merchant:
CompuCover Inc.
http://www.compucover.com/

Confirmed shipping address
Houston TX
-----------------------------------
Purchase Details
-----------------------------------
Description:CompuCover Dust Cover Material,Anti-Static Vinyl Style, 2 in. Down Back - Open CoverType,Standard W: 41.5, H:4, D:14.5, Item #:CCVR1523872
Unit price:$18.95 USD
Qty:1
Amount:$18.95 USD

Subtotal: $18.95 USD
Shipping and handling: 0

Last edited by Product Reviewer on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Dust Cover Reply with quote

[quote="DavyP"]
PinkFloydDudi wrote:

+1

I also bought a Gator cover. Stretches to fit, does the job and looks good even if a little more expensive than home made solutions.

+2
The gator cover although it says it is for a 76 key keyboard does fit the Kronos 73 very well.
Hal2001

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 on the Gator Stretch fabric cover. That's the one I have. It's simple functional and looks sleek At a very good price.
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrickPilot wrote:
If you know someone who sews, the classy solution is to take a black sheet and hem some elastic in the ends. Make it loose enough to accommodate cords without putting any pressure on them.

Of course, a custom logo/embroidery wouldn't hurt. Smile

Wow! That's really awesome! You should try making/selling custom covers!
Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine custom made from (they appear to ship globally)

http://www.pianocoversonline.co.uk/korg-custom-keyboard-cover-p-6956.html

I went for the 10mm padded so that should my cat get in etc, it's fully protected.

I also asked them if they could cut a flap out the back and gave them a rough sketch for where I wanted it, they did this at no extra charge.

Wanted the flap so that the cover could go over my Kronos with all the cables still plugged in.

Here's a pic I just took of the cover from the back showing the flap, took the pic with the cover on a table not on my Kronos as I can capture what the flap looks like better.

Total cost including delivery was £47.96 that was for the 10mm padded one, they also do a lot cheaper ones.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: