Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sharing the love

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnroney

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Sharing the love Reply with quote

in time for valen'tines' day... i thought we could all share some wisdom for programming the microstation...

so i'll start:
here's a nice Rhodes sound you can do yourself.

COMBI:
setup 3 patches on CH1 or GCH (the contents of the sound).
choose ep's patch #s 004, 005, and 006
send the pan to random for all (hard left)
set the volume a bit lower (90-100)
send all 3 to IFX #S27, and cut the Tube2 hi cut to about 11.3k
then, chain this to IFX #S24, turn down the treble to about 65 or so,
and choose CABINET ON, UK 4x12
set your MFX reverb and chorus (more chorus helps to not distort - widens the sound)
you can even TUBE this one more time in the TFX S27 to give it a bit more drive.

voila.
nice gritty rhodes - you can adjust the saturation by setting volumes and eq. (or just pan the 3 different rhodes to specific places).

anyone else got something?
post it!
ToneM

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, thanks for sharing this formula. I've loved the Rhodes sound forever! I will give this a try when I become a little for adept with the Ms.

Since I don't have room for 2 amps I've found that using my headphones (Grados) really help when playing around with the effects as it really helps with the separation of sounds. For instance when applying MFX2 tremolo to a EP it was almost nonexistent on my single amp. Then when I tried it with the phones it was like WOW.

Thanks again
johnroney

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: effects Reply with quote

yeah... cuz it's stereo effect. if you only go mono out, or listen from one speaker (an amp) then you only get mono.
also, you'll notice a difference with amplitude too... you can drive a stereo signal further if you pan it right... but mono, it will get all distorted.
good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: