Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why does Kronos have so many problems out of the box
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst-tempered people I've ever met were people who knew they were wrong. ~Wilson Mizner
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepperpotty wrote:
Wow what an angry kid. He's definitely banned.

Darn. It's so fun to fan the flames! Let's me bring out that arrogant, sarcastic side Wink
tmatos75

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keytar1 wrote:
BasariStudios you are a joke I know a lot about workstations I problably own more synths than you could even imagine how dare you try to insult me. You must work for or with korg. Is this a forum of korg product owners or is this a forum of korg employees. If this is a forum of korg employees then owners of korg products need to know. I notice most of you guys defend korg verses owners of korg products. Is there a owner of korg products forum that doesnt bash the buyer of a korg product ? If not will someone please start one me and many more korg owners will support you. Thanks BasariStudios

Keytar1: You are probably banned now and can only read this now, but...
I found the ire you directed at some of the members here pretty funny!, and probably well deserved in some cases. But with regards to the KRONOS, you and your friend dont know what you are talking about. Do you even know where the power switch is on the Kronos? Play the keyboard and make up your own mind instead of just taking the word of your friend, (who appears to be clueless on the subject).

Kronos is by far the best workstation I have ever owned. Right now, I wouldnt trade it for any other keyboard out there. I had a choice of what workstation I could buy, and after making an informed decision, I went with the Kronos.
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ojustaboo wrote:

I can say with 100% certainty that while the motif is an excellent keyboard, I would have been really really disappointed going to that after the Kronos. And having used the Kronos and got used to some of its features (there's a lot and it will take months) , if my X died today, while I would be ranting on here, I would still want another Kronos rather than anything the competition offers

That's the thing, there is so much to the Kronos it takes awhile to dig in and really pull apart all the layers. For example: I've just started digging into Mod-7. Been reading what I can and will start asking questions to what I feel has been unanswered/never asked.

Sure there are things I'd like to see upgraded (Like some interface stuff to make it less clinical, some FX, and even more program banks) but that's the beauty of the Kronos! All we can hope for is the hardware can support our requests and that Korg has the available resources to put towards it. I'm really hoping Korg plans to keep the Kronos as their primary workstation for a couple of more years before its successor arrives.
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again the mighty Pp strikes with devastating effect!

As for keytar - what an @rse!! Laughing
lotty1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Love my Kronos 73 I would sleep with it I could.
It blows me away every time I play it.
It's just amazing.
I understand some of them go wrong but hey hundreds are ok.
It's an un believable piece of kit there is nothing on the market that come close to the Kronos.
I have always been a Korg fan and I guess I always will be.
Smile Smile Smile Smile
1jordyzzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please somebody lock this thread so there are no more replies on this spam topic..

Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha PSR s910, Korg C720, Yamaha DTX 520, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, a pair of Yamaha HS80 in (soon not to be) an unproperly treated room..
countrycreek

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for the keytar kronos instrucional video. I can only imagine how funny that would be

km 200 Hartke (2)
MrDuke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*up*

I know this was a troll thread, but the topic fits and I don't want to start a new one because I just want a clear answer on the following:

I'm interested in possibly buying a Kr X 61 - is this a safe bet? Are there any known issues or problems with these "new" Kronoses? And especially the 61 version, I want synth action (it's going to be a second-tier keyboard). Is it wise to spend the extra $$$ on an X instead of buying a 1st gen, because of the extra hard drive space and RAM - I'm thinking yes?

I'm a little worried about the sequencer, but I guess I'll manage...it's workable for capturing song ideas and building demos, right??
Saxifraga

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDuke wrote:
*up*

I know this was a troll thread, but the topic fits and I don't want to start a new one because I just want a clear answer on the following:

I'm interested in possibly buying a Kr X 61 - is this a safe bet? Are there any known issues or problems with these "new" Kronoses? And especially the 61 version, I want synth action (it's going to be a second-tier keyboard). Is it wise to spend the extra $$$ on an X instead of buying a 1st gen, because of the extra hard drive space and RAM - I'm thinking yes?

I'm a little worried about the sequencer, but I guess I'll manage...it's workable for capturing song ideas and building demos, right??

If you need synth action: Buy a Novation Keyboard, Monitor, Macmini and some NI Synth & Piano stuff. It's cheaper and more versatile. I would do it if I had a second chance.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saxifraga wrote:
MrDuke wrote:
*up*

If you need synth action: Buy a Novation Keyboard, Monitor, Macmini and some NI Synth & Piano stuff. It's cheaper and more versatile. I would do it if I had a second chance.

I use a Kronos 61 live and it's the best synth/workstation I ever owned. I don't use the sequencer at all, but do use programs, combis and especially the set list slots.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Corgy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saxifraga wrote:
MrDuke wrote:
*up*

I have a similar setup just like Saxifraga suggests and run it with the Forte 3 VST-host from Brainspawn. For studio work and some rehearsal gig this is fine, but on stage I would rely on a Kronos keyboard. The X-tra storage capacity is good, if you plan to upload more and more samples etc. to your keyboard. There are some quite good extensions around, you might like to have on board too. Smile
kingy10kingy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree there were a lot of problems out of the box ,firstly you must update your system software it solves a lot of issues. What specific bugs are you experiencing?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingy10kingy wrote:
I agree there were a lot of problems out of the box ,firstly you must update your system software it solves a lot of issues. What specific bugs are you experiencing?

that depends. many of the newer Kronos already have 2.0. Obviously the X model has to have 2.0.

I have also noticed that many new owners simply misunderstand their Kronos and immediately proclaim bug since the board and its OS is new to them
KingJ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the bad experience I had at GC with the first generation Kronos-61, I'm wondering if the Kronos X has any of the same problems as the first generation Kronos. I would possibly like to add either a Kronos X-61 or a used Oasys-76 to my setup when the money is right.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: