Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Effects Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToneM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Effects Questions Reply with quote

I am trying to wrap my brain around the various types of effects on synths. From what I've gleaned from the web, insert effects are used when you need to hear the effect while playing the keyboard, yet they do not encompass all of the effects the MS has for use. Total effects are used last if at all for sweetening the final song sound. The Master effects may be the hardest for me to grasp. It sounds as though they will effect the entire song. For instance I would like to use a MF2 Delay on a synth patch on a certain timbre in the sequencer. Does this mean it will effect more than I wanted?

And then the busses, sends are another mystery. I've search the web for info but haven't found a place that explains it succinctly.

Thanks for any input.

ToneM
lostchild

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In theory, should be able to have one effect on one timbre/sound as long as its not put as master effect (say if your using a combi sound)
Send effects, you can set up say a reverb set its overall sound. Then you can add as a send effect to one or more sounds (can adjust amount used on each as well)
Are you using editor? That makes understanding/changing so much easier. Also if you try messing and get stuck, give a specific question and I'll try to help you out (also try others patches, korgmans free ones are good, see his post in forum. They might have already got a patch close to what you want)
ToneM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help lostchild, I did get Korgmans free patches and I need to load them. I guess I need to play around with effects and see what happens. The sends and busses and how you route the effects is the most confusing to me.

lostchild wrote:
In theory, should be able to have one effect on one timbre/sound as long as its not put as master effect (say if your using a combi sound)
Send effects, you can set up say a reverb set its overall sound. Then you can add as a send effect to one or more sounds (can adjust amount used on each as well)
Are you using editor? That makes understanding/changing so much easier. Also if you try messing and get stuck, give a specific question and I'll try to help you out (also try others patches, korgmans free ones are good, see his post in forum. They might have already got a patch close to what you want)
lostchild

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes is all a learning curve, but far easier than programing manualy and without comp editor on my mate triton. Still finding combi patches that are linked to song (boom boom blackeyed peas, gold one fields of gold and a certain poker one) but if anything specific you want to do or sound like, I will give it a go and point u as best as I can
ToneM

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

lostchild wrote:
Yes is all a learning curve, but far easier than programing manualy and without comp editor on my mate triton. Still finding combi patches that are linked to song (boom boom blackeyed peas, gold one fields of gold and a certain poker one) but if anything specific you want to do or sound like, I will give it a go and point u as best as I can
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: