Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Certain notes out of tune in L/R Piano program?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UltraBird

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Certain notes out of tune in L/R Piano program? Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Has anybody else noticed that certain notes on the keyboard sound kinda like a honkey tonk on program 001 L/R Piano? I don’t think that’s the effect Korg was going for with this one. Try F4 (F above middle C) at high velocity in particular, compared to the surrounding notes. A few other notes suffer as well. Does anybody else hear this, or do I have a buggy unit?

It kinda seems like the oscillators are out of tune, since if I mute one or the other the problem disappears.

I just loaded the factory programs so I know I didn’t make this happen by accident.

Thanks!
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear it too and found what was causing it. Using the editor, go to the OSC/PITCH tab, then to OSC COMMON. In the first box that says Frequency, set both Transpose and Tune to zero for OSC2. It takes out some of the character, but will sound completely in tune.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin

Last edited by Re-Member on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Mahalo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: top notes sustain incorrect on L/R Piano Reply with quote

I noticed a different problem that is really weird. A small group of notes have sustain permanently on at the top end (I believe I moved the sound one octave down, not sure exactly but the top five notes on the keyboard).

Other programs are all ok.

Very odd and very disappointing.

As for the out of tune I had not noticed that, let me get back on that specifically.
BillErickson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having a similar problem with my microStation, and determined there's an inconsistency with the version of the preload.pcg file available on-line from Korg. For details check out the thread:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=514906#514906
BillErickson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mahalo, actually that sustain on the upper notes of the piano patch are part of its programming. It's meant to duplicate the behavior of a real piano, which doesn't have dampers on the upper strings. Try playing those upper notes on a real piano and you'll see it behaves the same way.

Regards,
Bill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: