Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TRiton Pro v. triton studio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yrufat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: TRiton Pro v. triton studio Reply with quote

Are there any major differences between these two boards?
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yrufat,

xxxxx - Pro is designation for 76 keys, so trinity-pro, 01W-pro, triton-pro are all 76 key models.

Triton-Studio was Korgs designation for an expanded capability triton that added banks of program and combi memory (~ 3x orignal classic) and provided options more suitable for studio work, namely direct to disc recording and computer interfaces, and architecture changes that provided maximum expandability of EXB Roms (8x), sampling and MOSS. There was an option to attach multiple capabilities and you could attach all of them without having to leave anything behind because of space.

BTW - most of these improvements and expansions were also applicable in talking about the triton rack.

------------

The Extreme was, I think, intended as more of a live-performance oriented counter to the "stay-at-home" Studio - as the maxed out EXB rom and banks and the greatly expanded on-board library show, but is not so studio specific in its recording capabilities (still very strong tho).

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... PS: Triton-Pro would presumably be the "Classic" architecture with 76 keys. Triton Studio (with no other designator) would likely be the 61 key version of the Studio with the expanded architecture above that of the classic.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Slovenec

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Triton and Triton Studio were 2 different instruments.... they looked very similar and shared much in common like the same HI S+S based synthesis. However, the Triton Studio had a much faster processor, more memory locations, the ability to take up to 7 PCM boards as opposed to the Triton's limited 2 slots (both versions accepted the MOSS board).

Sampling wise, the Triton Studio introduced resampling (a feature missed in the Triton 'Classic'), recording audio direct to sequencer tracks (In track sampling turning the Triton Studio into a 'pseudo' audio recorder'). HD recording (2 tracks) in V2 Triton Studio and an optional CD burner that later became standard on the instrument as well as an inbuilt hard drive (20gb I think????).

The Triton Studio was then more or less replaced the the Triton Extreme which added much more ROM (160MB as opposed to 48MB (32MB standard in Triton Classic). The gimmicky valveforce tube, USB connectivity and no floppy or hard drive included.

IMHO, both Triton Studio and Triton Extreme are still fantastic instruments although their overall sound is now very 'early 2000s like!'.
BruceL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

triton studio is exactly THAT -- made to stay in a studio
that thing is too darn fragile to take with you on the road mine crashed/froze many time could be
i was one of the unlucky ones to get a poor build can't
say i trust to ever gig with it..... Crying or Very sad

sounds beautiful though very fast action aggressive !

the 120 note polyphony on it is also false advertisement it hiccuped several time and when i play
the same song on my triton classic 64 note polyphony. NO HICCUP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: