Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my programs are changing by themselves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
candy1122

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: my programs are changing by themselves Reply with quote

Has anyone experienced their programs jumping back and forth between two different patches. Does not matter wheather Im in sequence mode, combination, program or what bank. I have detached all midi cables and damper pedals and still no change. I have a triton pro.
Wavemaker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: my programs are changing by themselves Reply with quote

I've seen this before on a friend's Triton Classic 61 with problem on value dial wheel. If the wheel jumps or is too loose then just by playing the keys the vibration causes the wheel to move and programs/combi/data etc skip.

It can also be caused by value up/down buttons if they're broken or lose i suppose, so check these buttons first they might need replacing.

If it jumps around without touching the keyboard at all it may be another more serious problem i can't think off...
candy1122

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks so much for that information. It starts jumping while im playing, but continues switching back and forth for about a minute always ending on the alternate program. I will pay some attention to the value buttons thanks again.
bdumlao

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Sounds / Patches change by themselves Reply with quote

Hi!

Been having this same problem with both my TRITON and TRITON STUDIO keyboards. Patches/sounds change by themselves. It's frustrating and embarrassing when it changes during live performances; and it also affects the sounds I assign during the arranging process, if I use the keyboard as a controller.

I don't think it has anything to do with movement or loose cables - everything seems to be intact.

What else could be the problem?

Thanks!
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power fluctuations might effect the stability, and club power is notoriously poor worldwide because everything from stage lights to cash registers to food service heat lamps can wind up on the same circuit. Getting a decent power conditioner might help.

The advice of the previous posters is good as well - there've been past posts about similar problems; basically the data jog wheel that selects +/- can get so sensitive that playing or even bass thump can make it move slightly changing the patch. A general check-up, cleaning and tightening of components might eliminate the problem.

Dummy check - make sure you haven't plugged your sustain into assignable foot switch - that (FS) might be set up to increment or decrement so each time you use the sustain you are changing patches.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
johnxyz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happens to me occasionally. I believe it to be the wheel, if you rotate it and it then doesnt quite latch into position properly.

Usually live i select sounds via the screen, thereby leaving the wheel alone.
john
BruceL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Sounds / Patches change by themselves Reply with quote

bdumlao wrote:

What else could be the problem?

Thanks!

Gremlins. Razz

I too had that problem, I workaround it by switching off 'program change'

to switch off program change go to midi filter page while in combination mode or sequencer mode

you could also disable program change globally by unchecking the box in global mode
bdumlao

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, billbaker / BruceL -

PROGRAM CHANGE! Need to try that one! Hope it works. I haven't been able to use these keyboards in any live setting since the problem occurred.

Thanks again!
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: