Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Microstation Adapter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Palio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Korg Microstation Adapter Reply with quote

Hi. I want to ask how seems Korg Microstation adapter (European, germany or Poland especially). It has 3-pin wall plug, or 2-pin WITHOUT grounding hole? My M50 adapter have 3-pin (2 pins and grounding hole) and when I power on synth I listen ground loop from speakers.
Thanx for reply and sorry for my english.
bradkorg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has original Korg KA-350 PSU, DC 9V, 1.7A=1700mA, just 2pin and non grounding.

this:
http://en.euroguitar.com/accessory/korg/ka350/144671.html
site is wrong with 9V/3000mA
bradkorg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a switching powersupply, which can cause noise when polarity is wrong plugged in, just plug the reverse side L(ive) and N(eutral) to test which gives lesser noise.

And the grounding caused the hum loop?
Use the same/only 1 ground/powerline as your speakers.
Palio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot. you helped me
I am now using the same powerline for my monitors and synths, but hum is still here.
bradkorg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you got to find out step by step, what/which device cause the hum loop.
Powersupply line/ground, audio inputs/outputs.
Try the connect just 1 device to the speaker first and just one L/R audio output or test the headphone output, switch the powersupply sides etc.

Just google audio instrument groundloop hum etc. for further real solutions etc.
Palio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hours and hours I spend looking for a solution. Result? I probably have a ghost in my home Very Happy
bradkorg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Microstation Adapter Reply with quote

Palio wrote:
Hi. I want to ask how seems Korg Microstation adapter (European, germany or Poland especially). It has 3-pin wall plug, or 2-pin WITHOUT grounding hole? My M50 adapter have 3-pin (2 pins and grounding hole) and when I power on synth I listen ground loop from speakers.
Thanx for reply and sorry for my english.

The solution about HUM/groundloop is to replace the orignal switching poweradapter with a regulated transformer poweradapter.

The switching powersupply is/can causing these hum/groundloop, by using a real regulated transformer powersupply that is few times bigger and heavier than the switching one, will solve the HUM noise!

Here are some sample's, one with 9v 1000mA will work perfectly with mS.
I have this one with EU plug and it solved the HUM noise with my PC 5.1 speakerset!

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Regulated-Mains-Power-Supply-Adaptor-1000mA-1-5v-12v-/130505369853?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_PowerAdaptors_SM&hash=item1e62b9e8fd

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Y6F-NEW-9V-1-1AMP-DC-REGULATED-POWER-SUPPLY-ADAPTOR-/261010861986?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_PowerAdaptors_SM&hash=item3cc575afa2

You solved the HUM problem?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: