Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i have a big problem about korg kronos
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hakanyesilkaya

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: i have a big problem about korg kronos Reply with quote

almost all sounds make distortion, i've just loaded 2.0.2 ver. but there is same problem, what should i do? i suppose this problem about factory, please somebody type something...
.Jens

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing you should check is your gain staging - a very first quick check is: is there still distortion if you use (good) headphones? If not, then the problem is clearly somewhere after the Kronos in the signal chain.

Also please mind that the outputs of the Kronos are a bit "hotter" (louder) than many other synthesizers - you might have to lower the input gain at the next device in the signal path to avoid distortion.
Comrad_Durandal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time I've encountered distortion is when I've used SP/DIF TosLink connectors, and had the clocking wrong in the audio interface driving the monitors. Check your connections, and your settings; there is a high probability that there is something weird in your setup that is causing this distortion.
Oasyianv

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, does it do thru head phones too?
Maybe could be a cable that is intermittent?
I had that happen before. Tried new cable and distortion disappeared.
Hope u get everything sorted okay
hakanyesilkaya

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i checked the signal level but it's normal (no peak), i realized this problem on the stage,we gave a big concert (7000 people) in istanbul, it was a nightmare... there are peak and noice all outputs and i think this is a manufactoring fault, i've called korg turkey (can electronic), they told me that the problem is about version, i've loaded 2.0.2 but same problem is still there. i am realy angry to "can electronic", i read the same problem in another forum site, they said this is a manufacturing fault. thanks everybody.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of no manufacturing fault causing distortion. My Kronos certainly doesn't distort at all: it has a clean, pristine sound.

Have you followed the advice above and checked if you get distortion on headphones as well? This is the first thing you should check, because distortion can have different sources:

- bad user settings
- hardware issues (malfunctioning Kronos)
- bad or faulty cables
- ground loops causing hum
- bad band mixing
etc.

If anybody told you it has to do with different OS versions, you can take it as granted, that this person has no clue at all about the Kronos, and is probably working in the wrong business.
uhura

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this problem too (see this thread). Since a few month i cannot turn the volume knob beyond 12 o'clock My dealer sent the board to KORG and it came back with the info "no difference to reference board detected". This is nonsense! I put my board beside the floor model in the shop and everyone clearly noticed the distortion on my model (exactly same factory programs selected). I don't know what to do. Send it in once more and get the same message again?
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should trade the kronos with me for my m50 which would make me very happy. My m50 only distorts when I want it to so you will love it.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you at least explain what gear you are using to output Kronos?
And if this occurs at home as well as on stage, are you using the same setup? You maybe overlooking something outside of the K/B.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: i have a big problem about korg kronos Reply with quote

hakanyesilkaya wrote:
almost all sounds make distortion, i've just loaded 2.0.2 ver. but there is same problem, what should i do? i suppose this problem about factory, please somebody type something...

First of all there is no factory issue at all , this concern only your unit !
Under these circumstances you must follow some steps in order to define the problem.
The test must be done only under factory sounds & mute your Pa system!

- Use necessarily a pair of headphones to listen if distortion also happens there.
- Check linearity of volume knob in case is broken and provides only maximum sound.
- As in a PC , Kronos uses soundcard drivers and reinstalling OPS is required.

If distortion insists on headphones just like at rear outputs after all above have
been checked , them seems that you have to visit Korg service.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should check the EQ on the Kronos Control Surface. I had a similar problem with distortion once. I had started the faders thinking I was in "Tone Adjust" Mode when I was actually in "EQ" Mode. EQ Mode is kind of a global setting. It will stay where you left if even if you switch Programs or Combis, our even if you turn the Kronos off. Give it a try.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to be avoiding the question about using the headphones. If there is no distortion in the headphones, then it is the external audio system. You also need to be precise and systematic in describing the steps you are taking to determine the problem. I detect a bit of a language barrier here, so you might want to get some help describing your observations and procedures.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I need to correct myself. EQ doesn't function in Program or Combi Mode. But it does in Set List Mode and you definitely CAN drive it into distortion, even in the headphones. I just did it. Are you using Set List Mode?
Atmosphere

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem.
I solved.
Have burned the preamp stage converters.
You send the kronos in assistance and made ​​you change the card.
.Jens

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atmosphere wrote:

Have burned the preamp stage converters.

How did you do this?? Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: