Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

http://microstation.wikispot.org/About_This_Website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mahalo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: http://microstation.wikispot.org/About_This_Website Reply with quote

SINCE POSTING THIS I HAVE ATTEMPTED TO SET UP A WIKIPEDIA FOR MICROSTATION TIPS AND TRICKS but it is empty until someone has time to add pages there...

===============================================

I have a suggestion.

All over the planet, we are reinventing the wheel, trying to resolve how to get great sounds out of the microSTATION. now and again we have a breakthrough, and together as users we could combine our knowledge perhaps. I have certainly resolved many things over the last months.

Part of the problem is to UNDERSTAND how to do some simple thing.

These ideas exist in simple words, I want to copy this idea from a sound here to this result over here. So our way into discussing anything is by naming what we want to do, and then cross linking the technnical tricks of the trade. Hence I am thinking, an online wikipedia of some sort?

anyone have any experience to set up such a wikipedia for the microStation?

Could we also persuade Korg to contribute, as their original musical composers mastered all the details to make the original sounds, but the software programmers for the editor seemed to lack a grasp of what they had to do.

Last edited by Mahalo on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Mahalo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: http://microstation.wikispot.org/About_This_Website Reply with quote

http://microstation.wikispot.org/About_This_Website
mocando
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would gladly add content to your wiki, as soon as I can get my hands on the MS. I'm ordering one, hopefully, in a couple of weeks. Coming from an M50, I think I would not have any issues getting used to it, mostly would be the lack of touchscreen, but with the editor, I might do the heavy editing I used to do on the M50. I read the editor is very bad, and I already downloaded it, but is not so much dissimilar from the M50 editor itself, so no big news here.
I have a family band with my son playing cover songs for Genesis some Rush and a couple of Dream Theater tunes, among others, but our primary subject is Genesis. I plan to redo all my Arp Pro Soloist / Mellotron / Moog sounds having the M50 editor side by side to the MS editor, and recreate all my combis. I already looked, and it seems that all the multisamples that my programs used are inside the MS. Maybe they will not sound exactly the same, but with some tweaking I can have them humming in no time.

One thing I know I will really really miss is Tone Adjust, which I used extensively. Well, you can't have everything for 1/3 of the price of the M50.

Count me in.

Korg Gear: Wavestation
Korg Software: KLC Wavestation, iWavestation for iPad
Non Korg: M-Audio Code 61 MIDI Controller, Nektar GX49 MIDI Controller
Music Computing: 16in Macbook Pro with Touch Bar Mid 2019, i9 32GB RAM 2TB Flash, MacOS Catalina - 2019 iPad Air 64GB
Software: Apple MainStage, Arturia V Collection 7, Arturia OB-Xa V
Visit: Synth Fans :: Everything Synths Twitter: @korgfans
raffi.nordiguian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have sufficient to set up a wiki. but i could help by posting few tips i know, or posting sounds (PCG..)
Count me in too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: