Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Believe I Just Saw Korgs Big Announcement..I need answers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neko wrote:
Ok so the Krome is gonna be to the Kronos what the M50 was to the M3 ?

No, the Krome is still TO THE M3, nothing to do with Kronos.
mathieumaes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I read about Krome and saw the pricing, I made the conclusion they wanted to compete with the new Roland Juno Stage keyboard...
Chriskk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathieumaes wrote:
When I read about Krome and saw the pricing, I made the conclusion they wanted to compete with the new Roland Juno Stage keyboard...

The Juno Stage was discontinued last year.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
There's little point in going on about the Kronos sequencer. Korg didn't do anything for the OASYS community with regard to piano roll, etc, etc and then the M3 came along.

The Kronos Seq isn't going to change, just as it didn't with the OASYS.

I hope the Krome does well for Korg - certainly a good bit of bang for buck all things considered - and it has a better seq than the the Kronos and the OASYS lol Laughing

The Krome is not for me but it could help increase the size of the Korg user community world wide which can't be a bad thing.

How does piano roll equate "better sequencer"?

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tmatos75 wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:
This is sad and stupid...and we don't get this Cubase like Sequencer...
what a disappointment.

Why are some individuals whining about a sequencer? It's 2012. Who uses a hardware sequencer anymore? Everything is done on a computer nowdays.

I'd rather see Korg get rid of the advanced sequencer features (that nobody I know uses anyway), leave a basic midi sequencer player, and lower the price point of the Kronos and Krome instead.

Real musicians dont use sequencers live. Its like cheating.
And if your going to sequence in the studio, use Sonar X, or some other software.

My two cents.

How is using a sequncer live cheating? I do it all the time to make a fuller sound and then I play live on top of it.... It's just me and a drummer sometimes.... And the pattern mode on my motif xf has been awesome.

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
Naviára

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Operating systems (M3/Krome and Kronos) are completly different (it's like Windows and Mac OS), no way of easy porting the code from the M3/Krome to the Kronos... They have to rewrite the whole Kronos sequencer code and keep in mind there are also audio tracks to manage!

The other question is: Is the touchscreen of the Kronos even capable using for drag&drop? I don't think so... That could be a big point when drawing velocity lines, moving/stretching notes on the piano roll screen!! How could that be done?? With the vector joystick?? With a USB mouse, with the Kronos sliders??? That kind of work isn't fun.

My guess - there will be no sequencer update for the Kronos... but I bet there will be a new machine, called something like "Kronos Studio", with a multi-touch screen, bigger processor - and a new sequencer of course, with the ability to "freeze/convert" combination/program tracks directly into virtual audio tracks...

greetings
A.
Korg gear: Triton Extreme 61 MOSS / OASYS 88 #1722

http://soundcloud.com/anthony-walters
http://www.naviara.de
.Jens

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naviára wrote:

The other question is: Is the touchscreen of the Kronos even capable using for drag&drop? I don't think so... That could be a big point when drawing velocity lines, moving/stretching notes on the piano roll screen!! How could that be done?? With the vector joystick?? With a USB mouse, with the Kronos sliders??? That kind of work isn't fun.

Generally spoken: yes, it is capable of dragging things across the screen - you can see that if you try to move the scroll bars on longer lists around.

But the achievable resolution might be an issue, espacially when dragging.
tmatos75

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakker27 wrote:
tmatos75 wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:
This is sad and stupid...and we don't get this Cubase like Sequencer...
what a disappointment.

Why are some individuals whining about a sequencer? It's 2012. Who uses a hardware sequencer anymore? Everything is done on a computer nowdays.

I'd rather see Korg get rid of the advanced sequencer features (that nobody I know uses anyway), leave a basic midi sequencer player, and lower the price point of the Kronos and Krome instead.

My two cents.

I don't know if you're aware of this, but on this forum it looks like your two cents is in the minority. .

Actually, Jakker27, according to Sharps unscientific poll (which sequencer do you use), currently, you're in the minority.

http://korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=499363&highlight=#499363
Jakker27

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if tomorrow that changes? I'm not going to raise to the bait. The fact is the people that voted is a small fraction of the people who would be interested in voting either way. Therefore, it is unscientific as you suggest.

However, the point you are missing is that 45% is never nothing...out of 70 people 32 use an inferiour sequencer. How many WOULD if it were improved......There are different contexts here. Obviously you don't like it. Don't use it. That's fine. Your minds made up. What you should try to do, is do what you do because your two cents ain't stopping you making music where as the sequencer is an issue for other people

I use it. It's manageable but why have a burn cd functionality if you are not going to ensure the sequencer is as user friendly as possible? It's an intuitive instrument, it deserves an intuitive sequencer. If I can connect it to pc, I can burn things off cd. The reason they have burning capability is because people might want to do it. Well, people might want to sequence too....
tmatos75

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakker27 wrote:
What if tomorrow that changes? I'm not going to raise to the bait. The fact is the people that voted is a small fraction of the people who would be interested in voting either way. Therefore, it is unscientific as you suggest.

However, the point you are missing is that 45% is never nothing...out of 70 people 32 use an inferiour sequencer. How many WOULD if it were improved......There are different contexts here. Obviously you don't like it. Don't use it. That's fine. Your minds made up. What you should try to do, is do what you do because your two cents ain't stopping you making music where as the sequencer is an issue for other people

I use it. It's manageable but why have a burn cd functionality if you are not going to ensure the sequencer is as user friendly as possible? It's an intuitive instrument, it deserves an intuitive sequencer. If I can connect it to pc, I can burn things off cd. The reason they have burning capability is because people might want to do it. Well, people might want to sequence too....

well stated.
I dont have any disagreement with your last post.
Jakker27

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no worries mate
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakker27 wrote:

+1
Nobody could express it better; Jakker27.

Besides, I bet that if the question would be "What is more important to you in Kronos, the Sequencer capabilities or the CX-3 Organ model?", the answer would be 100% to the Sequencer over the Exi.

AND it doesnt mean that the CX-3 is not a fantastic feature to have onboard for lots of people, even if you do not use it at all!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davidb wrote:
Jakker27 wrote:

+1
Nobody could express it better; Jakker27.

Besides, I bet that if the question would be "What is more important to you in Kronos, the Sequencer capabilities or the CX-3 Organ model?", the answer would be 100% to the Sequencer over the Exi.

AND it doesnt mean that the CX-3 is not a fantastic feature to have onboard for lots of people, even if you do not use it at all!

The organ modelling was one of the top reasons I bought the Kronos. I've tried the sequencer a couple of times, but I really don't have much interest in it.
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here.
robkeith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes i think Korg are right on the money, then other times they are so far caught inside the box in which they live. Take the Kronos screen. For those elves out there its a fantastic screen, but for me and many others we have found workarounds like rubber tip pens reading glasses that improve the navigation size and so on.

Right now i am using my ipad to compose this reply in the forum. Why oh why would you not take the best of what you do, and let someone else do the screen. The ipad is now an essential part of indeed not only the education process, but heavilly and even more exciting in the music industry.

I think Korg should have developed the Kronos using the ipad size screen maybe a place holder on board, and not only would the units be much cheaper to produce, but buyers of which most people who have ipads, could have integrated them into the synth.

I dont know what the editor whenever it may come will hold, maybe they are doing exactly this, but I would rather music making processes were more important than incorporating screens for which there are far better alternatives in both functionability and cost.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: