Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what (if you are) are you doubling your kronos with?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cobray

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Kronos so I wouldn't have to have anything else. I figured I could get it all in one box.....but I have considered adding a Kurzweil to my rig.
MarPabl
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobray wrote:
I bought a Kronos so I wouldn't have to have anything else. I figured I could get it all in one box.....but I have considered adding a Kurzweil to my rig.

May be a good idea depending what do you think the Kurzweil will bring that Kronos is not great about...
mathieumaes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptLego wrote:

I like having 3 keyboards - not so much for the sounds (Kronos is good for everything) but for the different keyboard actions. A fully weighted 88 is a must for piano and good for EP. A semi weighted synth action for synths and many orchestral instruments, and a waterfall keyboard for organs.

This is actually an interesting point of view. Most people usually think about doubling their Kronos for adding different sounds.

My band covers Spider Murphy Gang's "Skandal Sperrbezirk", which has an organ playing 8th notes continously, it really hurt my wrist! I made the song bearable by using my keytar instead...
SV1200

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brand new as of thursday, Kronos 61 on bottom, and my favorite alltime synth on top. Kawai SX240 Smile
jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos 88 on top M3 88 (keys) on bottom with the (M3 module) on top the Kronos and Groove XR rack to the side. I am mainly doing studio work at the moment.
Moonglow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently trying to decide between using the Kronos 61 with either my Nord Stage 88 classic or PC3X. Not sure which one I'll eventually settle on, but lately I've been leaning toward the NS88.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live right now I'm still just using my Kronos 73 but I am starting to really get into the idea of having my Wavestation EX with it. The biggest problem besides space in my car is deciding if I want to slave it off of my Kornos or use the sounds in it. In my studio I've got the Kronos underneath my Wavestation and then a Roland U-20 up top.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Spacenorman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gig rig has a Yamaha CP300 on the bottom, a Kronos 88 on the top and a Yamaha Motif ES rack unit in the keyboard rack - available to either keyboard via a MOTU MidiExpressXT midi interface (also in the keys rack).

I can field a high qualtiy voice from pretty much any genre I desire (typically a piano, e piano, organ, clav, strings, horns or pure synth sounds) on either keyboard. Layers and splits simply expand the variety and/or depth of voices available to either hand.

I monitor in stereo via a pair of Yamaha DSR112 wedges - and love every minute of it!!!!!
tonycroftkbd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My set-up weighs way too much. I have a Kurzweil PC-88 on the bottom, using sounds from my Triton Extreme on top with a Fantom X7 and a Roland VP-550 to my right. I want to replace the whole lot (except the VP-550) with a Kronos-73 and a small (49-note?) controller on top. Does anyone know if the sliders on the Kontrol 49 can be used to control the timbre volumes within a combi on the Kronos?
Anyhow, I find Murphy's works better than Guinness on a gig because it keeps its head longer - useful if you need to play between gulps!
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazlover wrote:
Kronos 88 on top M3 88 (keys) on bottom with the (M3 module) on top the Kronos and Groove XR rack to the side. I am mainly doing studio work at the moment.

Is this setup with a three tier stand? Can you take a pic?

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing a gig this friday with my duo, "Mental Floss". It's the first time we've played together in 3 years and we've almost had a rehearsal! Just using the Kronos 73 for this one plus 2 accoustic guitars. Don't know what they have on tap but I'm hoping something good.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is this setup with a three tier stand? Can you take a pic?

It is a 2 tier. My set up is in the living room at the moment. Not ideal but I have some projects due soon and this was the only option. If I can get a picture, it will likely be a mess. I will try.
orangefunk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos 61 above Roland RD700GX piano though I don't use the internal sounds on the Roland anymore.

To my right I have a Moog Voyager, MiniMoog, Arp Pro Soloist and beyond that a whole heap of gear...

But to be honest I am kinda just using the Kronos and Superior Drummer in Logic atm.

neomad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One year ago my studio setup use to have about 6 synths, 2 control surfaces, a big multichannel soundcard and a little mixer.

Now: I only keep Kronos & Alesis Fusion (another multi synthesis synth & sampler with 80gb drive) and both are happily maried.
adamburgess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna get a Kronos61 to replace a very tired Triton Extreme61 to use with my NordStage2 88.

Setup was Yammy CP33 on the bottom and NS2 on top. The Triton was to my left. Yamaha has just been sold so using the Nord for pianos and organs.

One problem is I'm pretty tall and the bottom tier on my SpiderPro has to be set quite high and it's too tricky to operate the Nord blind with a board on the top tier... Yammy only had about 5 buttons I needed so was not a problem! So I think the Kronos will be separate to my right.

First post here by the way! Some good stuff here Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: