Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HD-1 Soundset demo: Magical Space QR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaySL wrote:
What amaze me about this sound set is that no matter what prog/combi you are playing they all sound like they relate to one another, more that a sound set i would call it a combi composition. As always you did a wonderful work again. Congratulations! Very Happy

Well, that's because i carefully selected those 8 sounds from the 32 sounds available. I knew upfront that they would match together and add them to a setlist for the video. What i did was selected a Pad sound, then a Lead sound, then a pad sound, etc...

Thanks to the SST (Smooth Sound Transitions) from Korg i could easely change the presets in the setlist to go to the next sound. This is a great performance function that they support that sound transitions.

Because the programs are light on FX usage there isn't any problem to create those big soundscapes. The movements are programmed in the sound, so i only needed one or 2 FX slots per sound. That helps a lot when improvising such a tune. Upfront i didn't have a plan what i was going to play, i only decided to start in C minor and started playing.

During play i can give different flavours on the sound by using different velocities. You can hear this for instance in the first sound, it starts with a breathing flute sound, then i play (at 1:02) with more velocity and you hear the strings added to same sound. It's still just one program in that case. There are more kind of tricks like that in the programs, for instance using the modwheel or ribbon changes the sound which you can lock with a switch. So I have all kind of performance tricks available during play so i can focus on the song and express the melody or soundscape i have in my head.

Now when i wanted to create a different song i can select other sounds from that set, for instance there is a killer program available where a monk is chanting over deep ambient didgaridoo like sounds. That would make a great intro for a new demo. Also the rythmic presets like Ancient Temple or the sequenced basslines would add some real flavour to a new song.

When the soundset is ready for release in october (i still have to do the KARMA implementation) then i will create a new demo for it where i'm going to show these kind of sounds.

The hard part for me is to focus on finishing it, everytime i want to create the KARMA scenes i got distracted by playing with the sounds in the soundset, it gives me simply to much inspiration Laughing

Thanks for all the comments, it motivates me to create those kind of soundsets !
levioter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What else to add ?
Excellent !
Thanks again Qui !

Cheers Very Happy
JuneauUnderground

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

October!! Come on Qui . . . Get with the program please!!!

Seriously, Qui we all can take a lesson from you. Your remarkable talent in bringing forth what you hear in your head, and so graciously share with us gratis is extraordinary. A heart felt thank you!
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JuneauUnderground wrote:

Your remarkable talent in bringing forth what you hear in your head, and so graciously share with us gratis is extraordinary.

It will be october because then i'm planning to open my soundstore.

As mentioned in the other qr what kind of sounds thread i'm working on numerous soundsets for the last six months for my store.

This is one of those soundsets that's going to be available in the store. Don't worry it won't be expensive.

There will be one free HD-1 soundset called vector vitamins, that one will be free and also contains 32 sounds, which makes a total of four libraries that i gave away for free.

And off course the tutorials will keep coming and also will stay free.
JuneauUnderground

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuiRobinez wrote:
JuneauUnderground wrote:

Your remarkable talent in bringing forth what you hear in your head, and so graciously share with us gratis is extraordinary.

It will be october because then i'm planning to open my soundstore.

As mentioned in the other qr what kind of sounds thread i'm working on numerous soundsets for the last six months for my store.

This is one of those soundsets that's going to be available in the store. Don't worry it won't be expensive.

There will be one free HD-1 soundset called vector vitamins, that one will be free and also contains 32 sounds, which makes a total of four libraries that i gave away for free.

And off course the tutorials will keep coming and also will stay free.

Qui, I like many others here will support you and your efforts. I'm in and will gladly will pay the freight. Keep em coming. Love the tutorials BTW.
Oasyianv

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fantastic, man! Very Happy Thanks so much for making these available. You are very talented programmer.
jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive patches here, very nice!
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know if Korg Kronos soundsets also work on an Oasys?

like this soundset is based on the HD-1 module only so that one should work in the oasys, but can a kronos soundset be loaded in an oasys?

someone tried that?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuiRobinez wrote:
does anyone know if Korg Kronos soundsets also work on an Oasys?

like this soundset is based on the HD-1 module only so that one should work in the oasys, but can a kronos soundset be loaded in an oasys?

someone tried that?

No, you can load OASYS into KRONOS, but not KRONOS into OASYS.

Regards
Sharp.
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to hijack this cool thread...but I would love to hear this demo. However all I see on my computer is: *<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yveHzuhHQIo" frameborder="0"></iframe>* (excluding the asterisks on each end).

I have had this problem before...and it only happens to me here on KF. Have no clue how to solve it (sans buy a new computer).

So...Qui...can you PM me with a link to the demo, please?

And if any one has any clue what setting I need to make in Safari to solve this issue....please PM me. I would greatly appreciate it!

Cool
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you have turned this function off in your profile.

Click profile and look for....

"Always allow BBCode:"
"Always allow HTML:"

I bet you have them set to off.

They need to be set to ON.

Regards
Sharp.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RonF wrote:

Hi RonF,

i've used the embed code of youtube to make it more convenient for people here to watch the video, but you could see it by following the youtube link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yveHzuhHQIo
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Maybe you have turned this function off in your profile.

Click profile and look for....

"Always allow BBCode:"
"Always allow HTML:"

I bet you have them set to off.

They need to be set to ON.

Regards
Sharp.

Ah HA! Sharp...thank you SO much! HTML code was "off". Fixed! (finally!!!!!) Razz
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuiRobinez wrote:
RonF wrote:

Hi RonF,

i've used the embed code of youtube to make it more convenient for people here to watch the video, but you could see it by following the youtube link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yveHzuhHQIo

Thanks Qui!

Right on! These sound great and are right up MY alley. Very nice!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: