Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG KMS 30

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maffiablue

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: KORG KMS 30 Reply with quote

Sorry if I'm boring you, but I kindly need a technical support.
I finally bought a Korg KMS 30 just to drive my TR808 from my Cubase 6.5 running on Mac

Unfortunately I don't really know as it works, because maybe I'm wrong.
I really hope you could help me, because there's maybe something obvious that I don't know.

What I want is to drive my TR808 from my Mac, through the KMS30. I connected my MIDI Card output with KMS30 IN in the Midi section, and connected OUT1 from KMS30, to SYNC in my TR808. The KMS30 is receiving signal from the computer, because the Tempo red light, is working with the computer tempo,
but unfortunately the TR808 seems to not receive any input from the KMS30.

First doubt:...is it correct to use a MIDI Cable to connect SYNC from KMS30 to SYNC TR808, or SYNC signal needs a proper cable?
I tryed both with my TR606 and TR808, but I'm not able to sync them from the computer

Here're a couple of video I did to help to understand better...

http://qik.com/video/8a8dec447d994b548a8a3257140aa55b
http://qik.com/video/d03e9e625011406f8790229a929b579b

Sorry if I'm boring you with this request of help, but maybe someone can understand in a minute what I'm trying to do from 4 hours...Smile
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error may be in the signal coming from the computer stopping at the KMS30. What you need to do is somehow get a midi THRU to carry the clock. It (KMS) is not actually generating clock out, only receiving (showing sync to mac).

In the set up as you've explained it the mac needs to drive both units - maybe with separate outs (usb?) or using a midi distribution box.

Either that or the KMS needs to be in charge - midi out to control the 808 - midi thru (clock) to sync cubase.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Maffiablue

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply
But I didn't exactly understood.
Maybe you mean that put the sync switch on my 808 to 'sync out'
and connect it to the sync input on the KMS, then midi out from KMS to my computer midi in?

If yes, I just tryed this way around as you maybe say, from my TR808 connected 'sync out' to KMS30 in SYNC IN but the KMS30 tempo red light, is not working at all...steady red...
This makes me think even more about the theory that a MIDI cable, also as similar, is different from a SYNC cable
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIN_sync

L
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mac Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: