Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Operating systems for korg padKontrol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxdfive

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Operating systems for korg padKontrol Reply with quote

Hello, I think I may have a problem. After going back and forth between the korg padKontrol and the MPD 32 I decided on the korg. So it arrives today , I open it up and right on the front of the box its says: for win xp, and I read somewhere it works with Vista, nevertheless, I want to use it inside my daw sequencer and that is Win 7 64 bit. My final reason that I selected Korg was because growing up playing guitar I had used many other korg products over a long span of time. That being said, I do not understand why korg is this far behind on modern technology. I contacted the store where I bought it and told them I would have to send it back, they agreed and tried to sell me Maschines controller for about 200 dollars more. I really dont want Maschines controller I have enough NI stuff for now. To the point, has anyone tried using the korg within a win 7 64 bit platform, and what are you lacking to do so. Ie. scenes, etc. I really dont like sending stuff back, but I may have to get the akai MPD instead.
AS Rock H67 Chpset
8 gb Ram
BX5 monitors
Komplete 8
loggerkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link to the newest USB-Driver:

http://korg.com/uploads/Download/KORG_USB_MIDI_Driver_1.13_r6_PC_634396683078320000.zip

Info:

USB MIDI Driver
This is the latest USB MIDI driver, which is compatible with Windows 7, Vista & XP, in both 32 and 64 bit configurations. This Mac driver is compatible with Intel/Mac. We always recommend that you use the latest driver.

PC Requirements
Windows XP Home/Professional SP3
Windows Vista SP2 (including 64-bit)
Windows 7 SP1 (including 64-bit)
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because something says on the box 'Made for Windows XP' (for example), doesn't mean it won't work with later systems.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
foxdfive

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for responding to my korg problem. Unfortunately, this product does not seem to get along with my software or my computer either one. I am sending it back and will look for something with a little more customer support or at least an easier set up and midi configuration.
AS Rock H67 Chpset
8 gb Ram
BX5 monitors
Komplete 8
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you actually spoken to Korg Support for the distributor in your country?
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
foxdfive

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
Have you actually spoken to Korg Support for the distributor in your country?

I bought the korg from a music store that is not that knowledgeable about the product. My usual place did not have it in stock, otherwise they provide excellent customer service and tech support on everything they sell. It sure was a nice looking pad, nevertheless. The place I bought it from was endorsing Maschine for my system and I really do not need maschine, so I sent the korg back and will get akai's MPD 24 from my usual online store. The akai runs on win 7 64 bit without me looking for new drivers. Its just a preference thing, some of you here do well with the padKontrol and other korg products. In this forum, there was little input and the manual doesnt say in "plain text" how to configure the midi ports in a daw sequencer. I just want plug and play, no time for consuming configurations etc.
AS Rock H67 Chpset
8 gb Ram
BX5 monitors
Komplete 8
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mainly I just wanted to make sure that you know this is not an official support channel. This isn't even an official Korg forum - even though they have now given us a server.
If you need support, you should contact the Korg Distributor in your country.

AFAIK the PadKontrol is quite old and probably was around before Vista came out = XP. You should always use the latest drivers anyway and in fact a lot of new products from many manufacturers these days might not come with a driver or manual at all. It is normally fairly trivial to go to the manufacturer's website and download these resources if you need them, saves on packaging and environmental costs too.
The Nano series for example does not come with drivers out of the box, partly because the box is too small.

Good luck with the MPD though, actually looks to be a superior product with those knobs and faders Very Happy
foxdfive

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
Mainly I just wanted to make sure that you know this is not an official support channel. This isn't even an official Korg forum - even though they have now given us a server.

AFAIK the PadKontrol is quite old and probably was around before Vista came out = XP. You should always use the latest drivers anyway and in fact a lot of new products from many manufacturers these days might not come with a driver or manual at all. It is normally fairly trivial to go to the manufacturer's website and download these resources if you need them, saves on packaging and environmental costs too.
The Nano series for example does not come with drivers out of the box, partly because the box is too small.

Good luck with the MPD though, actually looks to be a superior product with those knobs and faders Very Happy

Thanks for telling me. It certainly seemed like a support group forum; with the exception few replied. First, I want to assure everyone here that I am not criticizing korg at all. Initially, I chose korg over the MPD; it has some really cool features and I am disappointed to have sent it back. May be if the vendor offered some support I would still have it. I might add right now that if the regular place I buy my stuff from had that korg in stock I would still have it. My usual place has a recording studio (real one) and techs that are familiar with how midi interacts with a sequencer. Therefore, I make clear the difference is the product supplier, not the product. Tech support where I bought the korg, did not even know that there was a driver for win 7 64 and after that I got discourage rather quickly. Would I rather have the padKontrol over the MPD 24? Most certainly.

I thank you for your interest in my problem and your correspondence.

David
AS Rock H67 Chpset
8 gb Ram
BX5 monitors
Komplete 8
bartend7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoulda hung out man.... new drivers and it'd be cool. your initial instincts were right.. padkontrol beats mpd, unless your more interested in knobs than pad sensitivity, then mpd wins. but for pads it slaughters akai stuff. and they light up, Very Happy
kisse2katt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I just got a padKontrol and it is working very well on both my Windows Vista PC and on my Windows 7 64 PC.

Both PC's find the drivers by themself.

Regards Tom T
KorgUSAProductSupport

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foxdfive wrote:
X-Trade wrote:

Thanks for telling me. It certainly seemed like a support group forum; with the exception few replied. First, I want to assure everyone here that I am not criticizing korg at all. Initially, I chose korg over the MPD; it has some really cool features and I am disappointed to have sent it back. May be if the vendor offered some support I would still have it. I might add right now that if the regular place I buy my stuff from had that korg in stock I would still have it. My usual place has a recording studio (real one) and techs that are familiar with how midi interacts with a sequencer. Therefore, I make clear the difference is the product supplier, not the product. Tech support where I bought the korg, did not even know that there was a driver for win 7 64 and after that I got discourage rather quickly. Would I rather have the padKontrol over the MPD 24? Most certainly.

I thank you for your interest in my problem and your correspondence.

David

Just to clarify - your distributor is not your dealer. The distributor in the United States would be us, Korg USA. If you need help on a product that your dealer is unable to assist you with, contact us directly. For other countries, they can contact their local Korg distributor as per the link in my signature below.

Finally, as others have noted the padKONTROL is 100% compatible with Windows Vista and Windows 7 whether 32-bit or 64-bit.

Thanks,

Max

facebookTwitterYouTube
Vim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi There. I have an original padKontrol and can confirm that the latest drivers do not work with the unit on my x79 Win 7 Pro 32 or 64 bit OS. It also does not work with Sonar X1d 32 or 64 bit which does not recognize the drivers/device. Neither does Reaper and no the unit is not on a USB Hub and yes the drivers were installed correctly. It does not show up as a midi device when i try to use SD2/EzDrummer standalone mode ... which is why i bought the pad control in the first place ... wonder what the problem is.

Possibly may need to ditch the pK.
ex Marshall Islands
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: