Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to synch audio tracks from microstation sequence to daw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Branson

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: how to synch audio tracks from microstation sequence to daw Reply with quote

Hi, I am recording a 16 track sequence from the microstation into sonar x1 as audio tracks. I want to record tracks separately so I can process each track individually. Is their a way to record each track and have them synch up with each other ? Or what is the best way to do this? thanks
Im afraid to try midi, midi just ends up as audio anyway right? Rolling Eyes
Desh

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem. The only way round it for me was to bump each track in the sequencer a bar along, save a spare empty seq track (say 16)....then add a click from a perc set in the empty bar.

As you run each track out in realtime, you leave 16 on and the click plays followed by the track you play out. Use the click like a clapperboard is used in film shoots, the clap is lined up with the film footage to sync in the edit. In other words, you line up each seq track after exporting to your comp or recorder by syncing each embedded click. What follows after will sync perfectly well as long as you've lined all the clicks up nicely.
Branson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: how to midi synch in sonar X1 Reply with quote

In Sonar I use midi synch with the microstation as master . I individually record each track by arming a Sonar track and pressing play on microstation , all the tracks synch perfectly it works great. In global settings on microstation keep local control on . and set as master midi track. In Sonar turn midi synch on when recording and when playing back switch over to audio synch , Im very happy it was so easy and it works , Sonar X1 is made for keyboardists.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: