Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cable to connect Korg to Macbook Pro

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kwooz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Cable to connect Korg to Macbook Pro Reply with quote

I am trying to connect my Korg Triton Studio to my new Macbook Pro in order to use the keyboard with Garageband and Mainstage 2. What cable to you recommend I purchase to connect the two?

I have an M-Audio Midi/USB cable, but it is old. When I went to install, I had to download a new driver. But, no driver exists for the current Mac OS.

Thanks!
Comrad_Durandal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What connections do the Triton support? From the sounds of it - it does not natively support USBMidi so you might need to get a USB/Midi interface of some sort. The only interface I have experience with is the FocusRite Sapphire PRO 24, which seems to be a seriously decent box, though it's gonna be pricey because it's extra features. But for what it's worth, I love how it works and performs on the Mac.
Kwooz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it has worked fine in the past with my PC (with the Sibelius software). This is what I currently have: http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Uno.html

Is there a similar cable-type product? The Korg has standard MIDI in/out connections.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mac Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: