Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Extreme Parts??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonyn

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Korg Extreme Parts?? Reply with quote

I will get right to it. My Combi and Prog button (two most important) are both broken and have sunk down and wobble back and forth. It started with the Combi button and has now affected the prog button. They still work but barely. I have to massage them back and forth a bit for the button to come on but you know it's only a matter of time. This is a bit stressfull on stage to say the least. Do I really need to buy a whole new Extreme because of two freakin buttons???

I seem to be stuck as myself and my keyboard tech can't find the correct parts as they are apparantly discontinued. Has anyone had this experience, or know where to get the parts. Parts is Parts seems to think also that I am out of luck? Thanks.
Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for the exact part from Korg UK.

They tell me it is still available, but they are waiting for Japan to make/get some. They were expecting them in by the end of April but they are late.

Korg UK sent me an email today saying Japan has just had a long break and now they are back, Korg UK has sent them another email chasing it up.

The email korg UK originally sent me is

Quote:

The part number for the Button assembly is:
Part Name: BUTTONS TO THE LEFT OF SCREEN Part Reference: KNOB /
BUTTON BLOCK 1 KOC-E20233 1 Quantity In Stock: 0 Price Exc VAT:
£3.35 Price Inc VAT: £4.02

We are unfortunately out of stock of this item at the moment we
do have some on order, they should be with us in 6-8 weeks time.

So unless they come back in the next week saying that Japan aren't producing this part any more (which they have not suggested at any point), hopefully I should get them at some point.

It seems that the combi/prog buttons are the most common to break on the extreme from goggling (not that I've come across many people but the few times I have come across someone wanting buttons, it's always due to these two buttons breaking)
krazy78

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try these guys, they have a large of korg patrts.

http://www.guitar-parts.com/
tonyn

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you OJUSTABOO, for your info. Please keep in touch on this post as I (and probably others) will await your answer to if you got the parts or not. This part means I don't have to buy a new one.....pretty serious for me. The other post regarding checking "guitar-parts" is the same "parts is parts" website I mentioned previous. They do not have the parts as I have checked, but thank you for posting.
Just a side note: I love my Extreme. Hated the M3 - Don't think Yamaha compares either - take the Extreme anyday - always find the sound I want. MY question is, the M3 had very few sounds I liked from the Extreme library, does the Kronos have more of the Extreme sounds? As you can see, I am debating over spending the money on a kronos (granted it's better than the M3) or just getting another USED extreme - if I can't get my parts. Thanks everyone.

Tony
Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a thought (although admittedly I have consumed a fair amount of alcohol so it might be a bad one)

Along with my replacement buttons, I am also ordering replacement "tact switches", the part the button actually presses, something like one of the following (not sure which ones the extreme actually has)

http://www.bustedgear.com/part_switch_tactile.html

If the buttons end up not being available, if we replaced the tact switches but raised them up by about 1 - 2mm by inserting a bit of plastic between then and the circuit board, even with the broken/floating combi button, it should still be easy to press?

Obviously I hope Korg come through with the parts, but this MIGHT work if they don't?
Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, if I wanted to replace all the tact switches while I had it apart,

From Korg UK, 52x £1.02 = £53.04

From http://www.bustedgear.com/part_switch_tactile.html
1 x 36 at $29.98 each
1 x 24 at $23.76

total of $61.62, around £34 (free worldwide shipping)

http://www.guitar-parts.com/catalog/korg/korg-tact-switch?page=1
$1 each = $52 or £32 (plus shipping)

or buy them from here in the US
http://search.digikey.com/us/en/products/EVQ-11A09K/P8073SCT-ND/259558

for $0.19 each = $9.88
or their UK price £0.14 each = £7.28 + VAT (I think) = £8.74

Delivery to the UK is £12 making it a total of £20.74, I could even get 10 to keep as spares adding just another £1.68

Probably a great way of buying them if your in the US
Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received the following reply from Korg UK regarding the combi/prog buttons

Quote:

I have been notified by Korg Inc, that the parts are leaving Japan by DHL today. So they should hopefully be here by the end of next week.

Best regards

so they are available from Korg Smile
Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a phone call from Korg UK.

They are in stock, just paid and they've been dispatched today.
Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as proof it does exist, this arrived in the post today Smile

Korg UK got it from Japan so I would have thought other Korg service centres would be able to do the same.

Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All working perfectly now, what a difference replacing a few faulty tact switches made.

Every switch now works first press Smile
tonyn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Extreme panel buttons Reply with quote

Hi Ojustaboo -
Sorry for the huge delay in responding to this post. I laid off for a little bit and found another extreme 88 to buy so that solved my problem for the time being. I decided to check back and see that you scored the left panel button assembly - nice work. I sent an email to KORG UK and they said that someone bought the last panels made. They made it sound like that person bought a few of them. Not sure if that was you but if so, I would love to buy one from you. It is just amazing to me that Korg can't continue to make certain parts - but that's the world of keyboards I guess. Because of two broken buttons, I essentially have a worthless keyboard to gig with or $1000 if I wanted to sell it. Unreal.
Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, no it wasn't me, I just bought one.

I find it a bit disappointing that they stop making a part that is obviously still sought after by many triton owners.
Lucynerios

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive me for raising the topic... but I'm really need this set of buttons for my Korg Triton LE. Already searched several sites, but this is very hard to find. You guys know where I can find these buttons nowadays? (the buttons can be from the Korg TR too, which I believe will fit in the Korg LE)

(Sorry for my english, I'm Brazilian and my English is not very good)
depulse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking for the right side panel for my Triton Extreme 61. Somhow I managed to break the plastic when moving houses.

I tried contacting several resellers of Korg gear and they did not respond back.

Is there any online shop (in Europe) that sells Korg parts?
robdeeb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Triton extreme left sided panel Reply with quote

Ive seen this thread from a few years back and Im having the same issue. Mu prog and combi buttons have broken/sunken. Still functional but barely. Ive tried some of the usual sites. Does anybody know of any or anyone who many have them? Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: