Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sending Program Change from Kronos Combi to Yamaha CP300

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spacenorman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Sending Program Change from Kronos Combi to Yamaha CP300 Reply with quote

I've had my new Kronos for about a month and have been busy as can be pulling together Combis and Setlists for the multiple cover bands that I play with. So far - it's been smooth sailing .... up until today!

Today I'm working on trying to create a combi that sends program change and note on/off data to the CP300 that is also part of my rig.

I'm trying to use Timbre 16 to "host" this external connection ...
- set the Status of Timbre 16 to EXT2
- entered the appropriate MSB, LSB and Program #s.
- set the MidiReceive Channel on the CP300 to 16
- set the MidiReceive Parameter on MIDI Channel 16 of the CP300 so that ALL data types are "ON".
- as a trouble shooting thing - I've turned OFF MidiReceive on every other channel of the CP300 (so that they're RECEIVE nothing).

I am now able to control the CP300 from the Kronos - with the CP300 responding to key presses, volume changes (via the expression pedal connected to the Kronos) pitch bend via the Kronos joystick, etc.

However - I cannot get the CP300 to recognize Program changes (MSB, LSB and Program #s) from the Kronos.

I've been to the Kronos Global settings ... Enable Program Change, Bank Change and Combination Changes are all enabled on Channel 16. I have saved the Kronos Combi and have "loaded" it fresh.

The only thing that changes the programs on the CP300 is pushing a button on the CP300 front panel (after which, it continues to respond to the Kronos keyboard commands.

Anybody got any idea about what I'm overlooking?
alanjpearson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Sending Program Change from Kronos Combi to Yamaha CP300 Reply with quote

Spacenorman wrote:
I've had my new Kronos for about a month and have been busy as can be pulling together Combis and Setlists for the multiple cover bands that I play with. So far - it's been smooth sailing .... up until today!

Today I'm working on trying to create a combi that sends program change and note on/off data to the CP300 that is also part of my rig.

- set the MidiReceive Parameter on MIDI Channel 16 of the CP300 so that ALL data types are "ON".
- as a trouble shooting thing - I've turned OFF MidiReceive on every other channel of the CP300 (so that they're RECEIVE nothing).

I am now able to control the CP300 from the Kronos - with the CP300 responding to key presses, volume changes (via the expression pedal connected to the Kronos) pitch bend via the Kronos joystick, etc.

However - I cannot get the CP300 to recognize Program changes (MSB, LSB and Program #s) from the Kronos.

I've been to the Kronos Global settings ... Enable Program Change, Bank Change and Combination Changes are all enabled on Channel 16. I have saved the Kronos Combi and have "loaded" it fresh.

The only thing that changes the programs on the CP300 is pushing a button on the CP300 front panel (after which, it continues to respond to the Kronos keyboard commands.

try this:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=70163

R
Alan
Kilroy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Sending Program Change from Kronos Combi to Yamaha CP300 Reply with quote

Thanks for that Alan. I had reviewed that topic thread and a few others here but it didn’t seem to provide any information to me regarding my current conundrum. I did note that it said you need to change the performance control channel for the Comby but I just search the parameter guide for performance control channel and also googled Kronos plus Performance control channel but I got zero results. I guess that phrase applies to the Roland not the korg?

In any case if you have any information I would appreciate it. It seems to me that if I set MSB to 0 and LSB to 1 with the other settings I described above it should make mainstage change the patch to the one for which I have designated bank zero and program one selected in the Mainstage patch’s attributes.

I just spent an hour and a half on the phone with two of Apple’s pro apps support techs and to be candid I don’t even think they had any idea what I was talking about.

In the meantime I did try one additional thing. I set my combi timbre for MSB zero and lsb 0. I then set a main stage patch the same and when I selected the Combi it worked. But that’s the only way it works. Not sure if that is a clue or not.
Thanks.

alanjpearson wrote:
Spacenorman wrote:

try this:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=70163

R
Alan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: