Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pax1 pro os upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sutra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: pax1 pro os upgrade Reply with quote

Hello every body .I am a grand new member.I used to have i3 .I just bought a used pax1pro.It os vesion is 2.54 .Can i upgrade to 3.0 or 3.1 and what is the benefit (difference) it will have? is this very hard to to do .I don't have much skill about computer.is this sometime damage the keyboard.I read some of members have problem with this.I don't wand to ruin a such nice keyboard,it sound really beautiful compare with my i3.
please, help Thanks alot .sutra
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not difficult....

http://www.korgpa.com/en/support/discontinued-products/korg-pa1x-korg-pa1x-pro.html
sutra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you nerverkorgagain.is up grade make keyboard sound better or just faster or what else ? sorry for my d. questtion?
Wavemaker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it will sound better plus other stuff, you will be able to load data from pa800 ver 1.0 in the bonusware area when the os 3.01 installed.

So you can have in user styles styles like AM:PM, Island View etc they sound better fi you listen carefully. If you don't know what im talking about here's the link:http://www.korgpa.com/en/support/bonusware.html

Read carefully the procedure and don't forget to load the music resources as well.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The upgrade is really worthwhile. The writing on the screen is better, the polyphony allocation (number of notes available) is better/smarter, you can load the grand touch series pianos and there's a whole new series of style endings (ending 3, usually operated by one of your Assignable Switches).

See the post in the "Sticky" section above from Karmathanever and you cant go wrong. The biggest issue these days is having access to a computer with a floppy drive to create your disks. There are some cheap UBS floppy drives available for around $30 that should do the job nicely. It is possible to upgrade with a computer without a floppy drive but you'll need to transfer the file to your keyboard and have it create the floppies but the steps are a little different.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The biggest issue these days is having access to a computer with a floppy drive to create your disks.

If this is a problem, let me know and I'll send you the diskettes.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
sutra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for all your help ,will try to do it very soon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: