Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Superglue for Real Time Knob 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mahalo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: What Superglue for Real Time Knob 4 Reply with quote

Real time knob 4 has no central click point, and in any case any slight touch during live performance as Real Time C (TEMPO) will lead to such a mess you must end the song with an embarrassing, sorry about that, my keyboard, ... !!!

what brand of superglue does Korg recommend to block this knob? Is this necessary adjustment made by licensed Korg repairers? Can they pay the DHL costs to ship to and from Cambodia and incidentally i would like a replacement while they fix this appalling oversight...

Or would it be simpler to urgently upgrade the software to have an option to DISABLE REALTIME KNOB 4 TEMPO for each combi, and that would in fact be a sensible default.

What would appear sensible to me is to use TWO fingers for anything as dustructive as TEMPO alteration. SHIFT AND TWIDDLE for anything that you have to be really sure you want to do.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes it is actually necessary to change tempo during a song. Particularly if you want to speed up or slow down for certain parts.

If you don't want to change the tempo, then don't adjust that knob. After a while you will become familiar with which knobs do what so that you don't have to think about it whilst playing. The same can be said for any other parameter on any synth really.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Mahalo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: A PERFORMANCE MODE is truly what would resolve all this. Reply with quote

I know I know. X Trade, it is kind of you to reply so patiently when I must appear quite stupid to post about this.

There is a freedom with this amazing microSTATION to improvise live, and it just would be nice to prevent any accidents and I do realize that Korg never imagined this as a live gig instrument perhaps. Sure I would like to alter the tempo for one song maximum each gig, but even then, I would want to specify the range so that it stays within limits the audience can tap their feet to.

There is very little REAL TIME use for this knob, and worse, there way to return to exactly the beat you started with. The human soul is very sensitive to exact rhythm, this I say is a mistake at the design stage for this keyboard that could be rectified in future software upgrades.

Basically I want a safe PERFORMANCE mode, I can disable so many knobs but why not this one? I want to tell the keyboard, I am now playing a live gig, don't mess up. It sounds really bad and my reputation is at stake. But the creative sky just opened up with this keyboard.

Also I would like a tap tempo and I am sure that one of the existing buttons could be reprogrammed for that in a future software upgrade.

This morning I wondered if I get a similar high to a drug addict when I play music. I just needed a fix urgently this morning and I am sure I enter some shamanic world distant from normal reality when I surrender to the flow and creativity now possible with the microSTATION. If so, I cannot be alone in this ability, I think many musicians must create some natural endorphins or whatever when playing, and for me the microSTATION just hits the spot.

Except for that fourth real time knob...
meatballfulton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: A PERFORMANCE MODE is truly what would resolve all this. Reply with quote

Mahalo wrote:
I would like a tap tempo

It's buried in the manual, but you can use a footswitch for tap tempo Cool

Unfortunately because there is only one pedal jack, you can't use it for a sustain or expression pedal if you use it for tap tempo Embarassed

Anybody out there doing this? Since I'm looking to use the mStation live in a band, it's pretty important that tap tempo works.
Mahalo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: tap tempo Reply with quote

so the footswitch has that option? No good for me because I use sustain pedal constantly, but thanks for mentioning it. The manuals are a labyrinth that seem to obstruct more than instruct, it is such a shame.

I am sure the software could be changed if Korg wanted to do it, so that a button intended for another function could enter a tap tempo somehow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: