Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Repeated Notes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brazenhead89

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Repeated Notes? Reply with quote

Hi there, probably a bit of a noob question, but....
I'm new to sequencing, and finding the Korg Microstation Guide books and PDF files a little impenetrable. I just want to know one thing!
Basically, I want to program a sound so that when I depress any given key, rather than have the note play one long sustained note it plays that note repeatedly, and rapidly: kind of like how a telephone rings. I'm looking into IFX and TFX settings (which I'm just mastering) and have the feeling that the answer might lie in the OSC or EG settings - which I'm finding very difficult to learn.
If anybody can at last give me a quick tip to getting the result I want, I'll be eternally greatful!
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's multiple ways to do this and the outcome really depends on how the patch you are using is set up.

The first thing that comes to mind is turning on the arpeggiator and setting the latch feature on. There's literally hundreds of arp patterns to choose from, so that's something worth experimenting with.

If you are familiar with synthesis, another way would be going into the OSC pitch settings and increasing the LFO intensity to modulate the pitch. You probably want the LFO waveform to be a Square wave, then increase the Amp EG release.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
brazenhead89

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Member, thanks for the help. Exactly the straight answer I was looking for! Need an excuse to learn OSC, LFO and EG so I'll try both methods. Great stuff Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: