Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting an LFO to modulate Auto-pan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Feelgood

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Setting an LFO to modulate Auto-pan? Reply with quote

Hello guys. So I've been flipping through the e-manuals for the Microstation for a few hours now and I can't seem to find any instructions on how to make an LFO modulate auto-panning. I'm working on a patch in program mode btw and would really like to apply this effect. On page 21 of the Microstation e-manual named "Operations guide" there is in fact a short one line mention of the parameters that you can control with an LFO, and 'auto-panning' is briefly mentioned, but no detailed description on how to carry out this procedure is given. Confused

I've been fiddling with my Microstation for about 2 days straight now and I haven't been able to figure out how to apply auto-pan with an LFO. Perhaps one of you are familiar with this procedure and can be of some help? Your time and advice is appreciated. Smile

Thank you

Feelgood
Korg Microkorg
Korg Microstation
Akai MPC-2000XL
Boss BR-532

http://soundcloud.com/dr-feelgood

Last edited by Feelgood on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going by Korg's other workstations, you need to go to the Amp page, and find the AMS settings for pan.
You set AMS Source to the LFO and Intensity to how wide you want the panning to be.
AMS stands for Alternate Modulation Source, and is set at the parameter you want to modulate, not at the source you want to modulate from.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Feelgood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Thank you! I'll definitely check that out.
Korg Microkorg
Korg Microstation
Akai MPC-2000XL
Boss BR-532

http://soundcloud.com/dr-feelgood
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: