Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Real-time knobs don't work ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluerover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Real-time knobs don't work ? Reply with quote

Hi!

I just purchased a used Triton Rack (after years of wanting one) from a reputable eBay seller.

I turned it on, and everything seems to work perfect, but the real-time knobs don't seem to be working at all. Shocked I don't notice any attack, release.....no tempo changes, etc.....changing on the screen....nothing Confused

Could the problem be that the previous owner disabled the knobs? The unit doesn't look like it was damaged in any way either, and it's just a stock rack. (no expansion)

No disks came with the rack.

Can anyone knowledgeable help??? Very Happy

Thank you for your time!
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying the knobs in program mode or combi mode???

if the latter you may not notice any significant changes to individual sounds as they use many timbres and the knobs in terms of attack/Eg decay,etc may not be assigned to the particular sound your playing on the midi channel your playing/hearing

Switch it to Program mode and then try to see if they work,your more likely to notice the changes on a single sound,the Filter is the best one to try as its the most obvious audible change,set the resonance high(fully to the right) and then sweep the filter with the cutoff knob(move left and right)you should hear then if the knobs are functional.

I would say user error/Lack of knowledge of the unit is more likely the cause and try these things out before you write it off as faulty,if you get no joy then check the midi filter options in the global menus to see if CC data is switched off.

As for the tempo,if the rack is set to external midi clock(global menus),you won't be able to control the tempo value from the knobs,you should see on the screen the tempo value and any movement to the tempo knob would increase /decrease the value,so that would be a visual indication that the knobs work

You may find that resetting the rack to factory settings would help find the root of the cause if they have been globally disabled,I'm certain you can't globally disable the knobs anyway other than individually per combi/sequence track
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: