Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rename combi file inpossible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
festivaltv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: rename combi file inpossible? Reply with quote

im trying for over an hour now to just save
a combi to user memory, but each time it saves
as the original preset name,
it asks were to save it, and ask bank a,b, or c,
which a,b, or c? i only see one user, not 3 different ones,
so were to save to ? a,b, or c?

i did not succeed either with manually on keyboard as on software editor
memory protect is off, so dont have a clue why i cant save
combi with a different name,

did upgrade to 1.0.1 greetz Ted
bms9nmh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Festivaltv,

I had problems naming program and combi's in the editor and here is the solution I found. After clicking write combination and naming the combi/chosing the bank etc and clicking OK, a message will come up on the screen saying "Are You Sure?". When it does- don't click the OK tab in the message- instead hit Retrun/Enter on you computer keyboard. This will then save your chosen name in the editor. There is a bug with the software which Korg really need to sort out. Let m know how you get on

Neil
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bms9nmh wrote:
Hi Festivaltv,

I had problems naming program and combi's in the editor and here is the solution I found. After clicking write combination and naming the combi/chosing the bank etc and clicking OK, a message will come up on the screen saying "Are You Sure?". When it does- don't click the OK tab in the message- instead hit Retrun/Enter on you computer keyboard. This will then save your chosen name in the editor. There is a bug with the software which Korg really need to sort out. Let m know how you get on

Neil

This method also only works when trying to name a sequencer track from the editor. One of those weird quirks...

As for it asking which bank letter, every Combi patch is divided into four banks. The way to display their true location is turning the NUM LOCK button on, then press ENTER (button #14). A letter and number will appear on the corner of the microSTATION screen.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
festivaltv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bms9nmh wrote:
Hi Festivaltv,

Neil

I will try your tips, i also noticed that you have to transmit back
after editing and saving, otherwise the microstation keeps its
old settings,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: